Any realistic striker options out there now ?

Keepyuppy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/10/2020 at 08:49, Woodley Ram said:

apparently there is a young lad at the local primary school that is kicking up a storm, 12 goals in 3 games (Covid and social distancing could have played a part), tall for his age at 5'1" but a mean eye for goal

Is his name Woodley Junior ? 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I have to say. 

CKR looks like a right donkey. 

Now that’s been reported that Cocu had to fight to get him, and fight his corner over recruitment, CKR has my support. 

20 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I have to say. 

CKR looks like a right donkey. 

I was not happy when we signed CKR, a very poor end to the window...

But..I think he has looked alright. Last game before Forest he came on and got himself about a bit, in the 8 minutes or so he had featured I thought he showed he will more than offer something.

He clearly isnt Ivan Toney, but he will offer something different. He is a bit like that massive brick sh!thouse Matt Smith or whatever his name is.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was not happy when we signed CKR, a very poor end to the window...

But..I think he has looked alright. Last game before Forest he came on and got himself about a bit, in the 8 minutes or so he had featured I thought he showed he will more than offer something.

He clearly isnt Ivan Toney, but he will offer something different. He is a bit like that massive brick sh!thouse Matt Smith or whatever his name is.

I’ve been wrong many times before and I would be delighted to be proved wrong again, but when I saw him getting everywhere 2 seconds too late I saw a man beyond his time. No spring in the jump, no acceleration in the legs.

We need someone who can get in the box quickly enough to profit from our slick passing moves. I just can’t see him being that man.

16 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I’ve been wrong many times before and I would be delighted to be proved wrong again, but when I saw him getting everywhere 2 seconds too late I saw a man beyond his time. No spring in the jump, no acceleration in the legs.

We need someone who can get in the box quickly enough to profit from our slick passing moves. I just can’t see him being that man.

I saw a striker battling, unsettling their keeper and defenders. He had only a few minutes. Hard to judge, I liked what I saw but I would argue you can't really judge after one appearance near the end of the match. He hasn't played in a while, let's be fair.

28 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I saw a striker battling, unsettling their keeper and defenders. He had only a few minutes. Hard to judge, I liked what I saw but I would argue you can't really judge after one appearance near the end of the match. He hasn't played in a while, let's be fair.

Yea, I think we need to give him more than 5 minutes before we come to any conclusions ?

Archived