Any realistic striker options out there now ?

Keepyuppy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

More likely to be on FIFA from the treatment room. But yes if fit and low wage or pay per game might be worth a look. 

Sturridge, in keeping with our other signings, would take about six weeks to get fit, by which time we might have Dursun. 

I've seen it suggested elsewhere that there is another central striker option at the club. Step forward Jordon Ibe!

I'm sure someone said he used to play striker and it's  his preferred position. He's lightning fast, has quick feet, can finish and if you saw him in the U23s he's big enough not to get knocked off the ball by anyone. If we could convert Jordon into a centre forward with Joz, Lawrence, Waggy, Sibbo, Whittaker, Holmes, JHI and CKR buzzing around, I'd find that more exciting than bringing another free transfer in. Could be our Antonio.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I've seen it suggested elsewhere that there is another central striker option at the club. Step forward Jordon Ibe!

I'm sure someone said he used to play striker and it's  his preferred position. He's lightning fast, has quick feet, can finish and if you saw him in the U23s he's big enough not to get knocked off the ball by anyone. If we could convert Jordon into a centre forward with Joz, Lawrence, Waggy, Sibbo, Whittaker, Holmes, JHI and CKR buzzing around, I'd find that more exciting than bringing another free transfer in. Could be our Antonio.

It sounds exciting especially given the comparison to Antonio and the way he flourished up front , although I don't feel like ibe has really grabbed goals anywhere he has been consistently to play up front , although I'd love to be wrong 

21 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Worth a try if Waggy not fit. 

Archived