Any realistic striker options out there now ?

Keepyuppy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

He won't cost peanuts....

It would be a loan only, he's going to be a top player, the next Sancho they are suggesting, better prospect than Tammy Abrahams. He's ready for our level now, and Frank surely has a soft spot for us if he's reading this!

11 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

It would be a loan only, he's going to be a top player, the next Sancho they are suggesting, better prospect than Tammy Abrahams. He's ready for our level now, and Frank surely has a soft spot for us if he's reading this!

Charlie Brown.gif

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Charlie Brown of Chelsea

Jack Stretton and Morgan Whittaker are both younger and have better scoring records than him, Whittaker has loads more assists too, Brown would probably cost a fair bit too.

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Jack Stretton and Morgan Whittaker are both younger and have better scoring records than him, Whittaker has loads more assists too, Brown would probably cost a fair bit too.

Good Grief - I know some of you are on the young side, but I'll spell this out for those who need help....

When I mentioned "peanuts" it was a reference to a well-known newspaper comic strip/TV cartoon which featured a kid called Charlie Brown (he''s in the gif above) as per Wiki here: Peanuts - it was not a comment on the value of the the Chelsea player or any potential loan fee.....

27 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Good Grief - I know some of you are on the young side

Tbf mate it ended before I was born. I was aware of the cartoon but no idea between the Peanuts was the show name, just thought it was called Charlie Brown!

5 hours ago, Macintosh said:

There's always Rudy Gestede as a stop-gap?

There was a time when I would have loved Gestede.

He would have been a classic 2015/16 DCFC spaff all the cash away signing.

I think one of the first things Warnock did when he went to Boro was to tell Gestede to clear off?

That would worry me,even as a free agent.

Honestly I don't think we'll sign anyone at all. 

Wilson is unlikely. 

Zohore has been ruled out by the Telegraph. 

Austin wants to stay at WBA.

Dursun wasn't able to come cos Darmstadt couldn't replace him (will probably come in January)

Villa aren't signing a striker so Davis ain't coming.

Roberts has gone really quiet. I can't see Leeds letting him go (pretty sure he's featured in every game so far)

I'm not sure who else is out there.

32 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wilson is unlikely. 

Dursun wasn't able to come cos Darmstadt couldn't replace him (will probably come in January)

Roberts has gone really quiet. I can't see Leeds letting him go (pretty sure he's featured in every game so far)

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Every window we build our hopes up and the window comes and goes with nothing happening. Ah well.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wilson is unlikely. 

What’s Ian Ormandroyd doing these days ??‍♂️??‍♂️

On 13/10/2020 at 21:18, muzzamurray said:

Said it before and i will say it again, if he is willing to meet us in the middle on wages why not give daniel sturridge a go? give him 2 years with an option of another should the club want, whats there to lose? he will only cost us wages. Yes he is a little injury prone, but the right manager, giving him time could see him back to his liverpool days where he was scoring for fun.

I am sure uncle Dean will put in a good word too

Suarez made him look good.

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

apparently there is a young lad at the local primary school that is kicking up a storm, 12 goals in 3 games (Covid and social distancing could have played a part), tall for his age at 5'1" but a mean eye for goal

There are some on here who will automatically give him a £5 million valuation based on ‘potential’.

Archived