Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we will deploy the same game plan as we did against Norwich seeing as Watford are another favourite for the top 6. If so, i'd go:

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Davies Clarke Buchanan

Knight Shinnie

Jozwiak  Waghorn (if fit)*  Lawrence

With Rooney to come on with 10 to go to take the freekicks...

*Austin/Rooney if not. 

Cocu also might decide that Saturday's game plan isn't sustainable, maybe it was just a one off designed at getting some points on the board. I'd actually prefer:

Marshall

Byrne Davies Clarke Forsyth

Shinnie Knight

Ibe    Lawrence   Jozwiak

Waghorn

I just want to see Ibe, Lawrence and Joziwak on the pitch at the same time. 

Do we need a thread where we choose the starting eleven and get five points for miraculously hitting the jackpot and less if a certain choice could not play because of injury. Maybe a match day entry only. Should be quite difficult to turn into a CM thread but someone will surely manage it.

Stay with the same formation

Marshall    

Wisdom Davies Clarke 

bryne                          Buchanan   

Knight.  Shinnie 

jozwiak.    Rooney.  Lawrence (if fit) 

subs roos Whittaker (who has done well) Forsyth Waghorn ( if fit) Marriott sibley bird 

There's a lot of ifs and buts with fitness at the moment. But it's hard to argue with sticking with the team that won and hoping the increased familiarity will give a better performance. That said, I'd still drop Rooney.

If I'm honest cant see any of the injured and unfit players making it, think it will be the Huddersfield or Forest game where a few make the squad or start.  I expect a similar team just with a new striker and possibly Rooney playing in midfield over Shinnie Because I think most likely he will start. 

If Waggers isn't back and if we don't sign a target man in between then and now,I suspect we will be lucky to get a result by just trying and working hard.

With a target man in,we could finally start to play the Cocu way as he intended it to be done and we perhaps give them a game.

So let's see how it all pans out over the next week,fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not even made a squad this season so I don't think he will be playing for them.

There was some talk that Watford were leaving players out in an attempt to force moves out, but by this time the transfer window will have firmly slammed shut, which may change things. There was also talk that some of the Watford "missing" (17 players iirc) were actually injured.

They just posted this on their Twitter so it looks as if Will was in the genuinely injured category and is now back in light training:

What could be a massive problem for us is the fact that Marshall, Knight and Jozwiak could all play for their countries tonight less than 48 hours before we play Watford.

I would like to think that Derby have spoken to the relevant FA's and asked them not to play them considering our game is 48 hours after. Surely?

If Jozwiak plays in Poland tonight there's no way he starts on Friday. Same with Knight.

Marshall might be ok cos he's a keeper. But still. Less than ideal.

Archived