Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot will happen before we next kick a ball competitively in this game, so I'll reserve judgement on the actual team until later. But I'm shocked having found an organized solid formation to give us our first win of the season, everyone wants to move away from three at the back. 

Why? It's not a formation I love, but it suited us against one of the relegated Prem teams, and next we're playing another relegated Prem team who will dominate the play. 

3 hours ago, DCFClks said:

image.png.74ab3987c7ded26b32cf6b604148c5de.png 

How can you drop Davies after that performance?

Not sure rooney has the legs to play that role.

Buchanan not that good defensively to play in a back 4. 

Is it wise to throw Bielik straight in after a year or so without a game?  

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

How can you drop Davies after that performance?

Not sure rooney has the legs to play that role.

Buchanan not that good defensively to play in a back 4. 

Is it wise to throw Bielik straight in after a year or so without a game?  

I'd play Davies in a back 3 but I don't think he can play in a back 4 and I just don't want to accept that we are now a 5-4-1 team permanently.

Shinnie and Knight could do a lot of the running for Rooney. Plus I don't think he's as slow as people think. Just think you have to find a place for him because of moments like the one at Norwich. 

33 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I'd play Davies in a back 3 but I don't think he can play in a back 4 and I just don't want to accept that we are now a 5-4-1 team permanently.

Shinnie and Knight could do a lot of the running for Rooney. Plus I don't think he's as slow as people think. Just think you have to find a place for him because of moments like the one at Norwich. 

ok. I agree with everything you said

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A lot will happen before we next kick a ball competitively in this game, so I'll reserve judgement on the actual team until later. But I'm shocked having found an organized solid formation to give us our first win of the season, everyone wants to move away from three at the back. 

Why? It's not a formation I love, but it suited us against one of the relegated Prem teams, and next we're playing another relegated Prem team who will dominate the play. 

It's pretty presumptuous to think Watford will dominate just because they are a relegated prem team. They have been nothing special so far, and teams like Sunderland and Stoke show that coming down from the prem doesn't mean you will be an above average championship side. 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Do not change a winning team/defence

Amazing how no one is putting Bird in their team now.

Peoples opinions change so so quickly.

BTW - Jozwiak has three games for Poland in this upcoming International week including the Wednesday before we play Watford on the Friday. I don’t expect him to start.

34 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Amazing how no one is putting Bird in their team now.

Peoples opinions change so so quickly.

BTW - Jozwiak has three games for Poland in this upcoming International week including the Wednesday before we play Watford on the Friday. I don’t expect him to start.

Jozwiak won't start every game for Poland if their manager has a brain is his head, they have Grosicki to rotate him with so I reckon he will start 2 and be rested for 1.

14 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Jozwiak won't start every game for Poland if their manager has a brain is his head, they have Grosicki to rotate him with so I reckon he will start 2 and be rested for 1.

I hope so. I'm selfish, so the less he plays, the better for us.

Archived