Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a move to Leeds is imminent for Sibley or his head has been turned so he is "injured" at the moment then will become fit again after the window has closed if he remains a Derby player.  Call me cynical but 9 times out of 10 when a player is "injured" near a transfer deadline with interest in them they aren't injured really. 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Jozwiak starting for Poland.

Marshall starting for Scotland.

Absolute insanity to have allowed them to play for their country when they are playing for their club in 48 hours.

It's a honour for player and club for them to play.

The problem is the EFL/Sky expecting us to play immediately after the international matches.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's a honour for player and club for them to play.

The problem is the EFL/Sky expecting us to play immediately after the international matches.

Oh yes I'm not disputing that at all. 

But we've known it's going to be on a Friday for a while.

There's been 3 games in a week at international level. Surely they could have played the first 2 and had a rest tonight?

Its the Nation's League which is essentially a glorified friendly..

Cocu says Tom Lawrence is close, but the other players (Waghorn, Bielik) will need more time to train.

Bielik and Waghorn should be ready to play a friendly or U23s game in a week or two.

Sibley joined training for the first time with the team today. He looked fine. The game tomorrow will be too soon after one session following his hamstring issue.

Why does the 'modern' version of the beautiful game cause so many long-term injuries?

Back in the day supporters knew that the team would be the same for most of the season.

We could know the names of the visiting players (usually including Bestie etc!)

Kick off was1930 on a Wednesday night and Saturday at 1500.

If the cameras were there it'd be on telly later (free!)

Radio Derby would do a brilliant commentary and the DET had a good report of the match.

Now it seems that uncertainty is the only certainty!

Oh well!

Maybe this calls for a new topic 

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!"

10 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Why does the 'modern' version of the beautiful game cause so many long-term injuries?

Back in the day supporters knew that the team would be the same for most of the season.

We could know the names of the visiting players (usually including Bestie etc!)

Kick off was1930 on a Wednesday night and Saturday at 1500.

If the cameras were there it'd be on telly later (free!)

Radio Derby would do a brilliant commentary and the DET had a good report of the match.

Now it seems that uncertainty is the only certainty!

Oh well!

Maybe this calls for a new topic 

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!"

The injuries thing puzzles me. Yes, tight turns, boots, speed and stress but counterbalanced by horrible pitches, heavy balls (?) and more physical contact shouldn’t be a difference. So what is it ? Did player play when they had niggles and just got on with it ? 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

The injuries thing puzzles me. Yes, tight turns, boots, speed and stress but counterbalanced by horrible pitches, heavy balls (?) and more physical contact shouldn’t be a difference. So what is it ? Did player play when they had niggles and just got on with it ? 

True. Just watch the 1991 Cup final Highlights with Gascoigne's death wish for instance!

9 minutes ago, jono said:

My guess is as the fitness and sports science has improved over the years the players are much more highly "tuned" than in days gone by - a bit like how a kitted out touring car race car is probably going to break more than the "hot" version of the road car.

Archived