Charlie Austin - joined QPR on loan

DCFC1388

Obviously Davis' goal record is poor, but he would bring more all round game than Austin would. He's only made 21 league starts in his career, has an average of 38 mins every game he plays. There's a reason Villa have offered him a new contract. He could bring something different to our attacks.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Who’s scored 2 professional goals in his career. Aren’t we better not panicking and bring someone in just for the sake of it? 

Maybe stick Waghorn and Jack? 

I’d rather not, for a loan of a guy who doesn’t score it’s a waste I’d rather get Marriott firing again, but Davis is the one we’ve asked about so I’d expect him to be the man 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’d rather not, for a loan of a guy who doesn’t score it’s a waste I’d rather get Marriott firing again, but Davis is the one we’ve asked about so I’d expect him to be the man 

Wouldn't we all. Will it happen though???

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

You suggesting we get him Alan sugar’s job on the apprentice 

13 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

You could be off the forum 4 years and we would still be talking about Chris Martin

You could be off the forum 50 years and we'd still be talking about Boulton, Webster, Robson,Durban, MacFarland, Mackay/Todd, McGovern, Gemmill, O'Hare, Hector, Hinton, Wignall, ...........

Chris who? Why wardrobe?

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

Who’s scored 2 professional goals in his career. Aren’t we better not panicking and bring someone in just for the sake of it? 

Maybe stick Waghorn and Jack? 

Waghorn is best on the right 'wing' and Marriott simply can't play on his own upfront, doesn't do enough to get himself in the game. Sticking with them as our only CF options would be a mistake.

Davis up front, laying off chances for Waghorn coming in from the right would work well (in theory)

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The only alternatives that I could really find, assuming availability would be: 
Folarin Balogun from Arsenal
Keinan Davis from Villa
Connor Wickham from Palace
Ellis Simms from Everton (albeit maybe not now after Kean left the club)
Liam Delap from Man City

We do have Waghorn to return, along with England U20 striker Bobby Duncan. We have Stretton and Hector-Ingram in the youth team and not to mention Marriott and Rooney. Ibe and Lawrence could even play upfront if needed. 

If we don't sign Austin then I would suggest perhaps just sitting this window out and go again for January. It may be better for us considering there doesn't seem to be a great choice from within our own country. 

I was going to suggest Balogun earlier before I saw that he's 5'8 and basically is the same as Marriott. Think Arsenal wanted a £2m loan fee from what I remember when Brentford were chasing him before they landed Toney

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The only alternatives that I could really find, assuming availability would be: 
Folarin Balogun from Arsenal
Keinan Davis from Villa
Connor Wickham from Palace
Ellis Simms from Everton (albeit maybe not now after Kean left the club)
Liam Delap from Man City

We do have Waghorn to return, along with England U20 striker Bobby Duncan. We have Stretton and Hector-Ingram in the youth team and not to mention Marriott and Rooney. Ibe and Lawrence could even play upfront if needed. 

If we don't sign Austin then I would suggest perhaps just sitting this window out and go again for January. It may be better for us considering there doesn't seem to be a great choice from within our own country. 

In order 

no

yes

no

maybe sounds interesting 

no they won’t let him go yet 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Liam Delap from Man City

Loaning Liam Delap would probably cost more than they bought him off us for ?

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Welbeck is available. I’d be straight on the blower. 

Why do you think he would rather play for us than Watford? How much do you think we would have to pay him each week? Do you really think he is an option when we are struggling financially?

15 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Why, do you have a fetish for being told to "duck off, I'm out of your league and you could never afford me" or something?

Fair doos in Welbecks case, but I have a feeling that we may see some interesting “availables” over the next 12 months. Clubs are cutting costs. Players want a renewal at the same money, but the money isn’t there. If you aren’t a super star there is going to be some rejigging of footy finances in terms of squad sizes, contract lengths, wages. There will be some pieces that don’t fit jigsaws and suddenly your 40k a week prem squad player might actually need a job. 

This whole striker situation is looking increasingly damaging to our early prospects this season.

Who on earth allowed our best striker to leave without having a replacement lined up needs a proper bollocking.

It's out number one priority right now to get a target man in but it's looking more and more unlikely that we will get in the quality that we need at a price that will attract them here.

Theres a lot resting on Waghorn when he finally returns.

Archived