Has Cocu lost the dressing room?

RoyMac5

Has Cocu lost the dressing room?  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ryan Conway was asked this question on his Derby Digest yesterday. He said that he'd be surprised if that was the case as he's regularly been told how much the players (and more importantly) the hierarchy respect and appreciate Cocu for how he dealt with the off-field issues last season. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Ryan Conway was asked this question on his Derby Digest yesterday. He said that he'd be surprised if that was the case as he's regularly been told how much the players (and more importantly) the hierarchy respect and appreciate Cocu for how he dealt with the off-field issues last season. 

that's a nice sentiment, but decent crisis management doesn't equate to being a good football manager. Cocu needs to get his team to show it on the pitch before it counts.

Had a busy day with the wife and kids... only just catching up on the forum, nice to know it’s where I left it yesterday ? 

for the record I voted no... like I said Ona different thread, you don’t win league titles (empathise on the TITLES) without being a good manager. You could argue someone can fluke one but not 3... some people on this forum must be borderline sadists. 

I honestly believe there are people who are on this forum who aren’t happy unless they have something to be miserable about! 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

And so WE will be able to sack Cocu? It's a discussion, we have no power.

Right I see.

No clearly not. But not hard to imagine a situation where this gets onto Twitter and then you have people tweeting at Duane Holmes or whoever who then may feel the need to justify his or the managers position. 

Just don’t think it’s helpful or constructive because no one knows the answer. Is it a useful question because if people were being honest you would just have everyone saying “I don’t know.” Or we have a forum full of professional psychologists and mind readers

7 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Hope this is still the case!

I'm not sure. 

I think either the team will lose faith in what he's asking them to do or they can't do what he's asking them to do and so will continue to struggle

The first would be him losing the belief and the second would be more like them losing confidence and motivation maybe. 

It can be rescued by results like faith in any position in any job. So yeah, I'm not sure. 

I know Cocu needs to adapt because if players can't or won't then it's easier to get rid of him.

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

Clarke would of definitely reduced our vulnerability yesterday. I would of either played 3 at the back with probably Rooney up top with Marriott, basically anything that isnt Marriott up top on his own, it doesn't work.

But I do reckon Cocu will be gone if he loses the next game... i mean the worst start in over 22 years is a pretty hideous achievement.

28 years get it right! But interestingly that was the team that bottled automatic promotion the previous season and got done by big spending Blackburn who won the premier league a couple of years later. Think we still finished 9th if memory serves me correct although that was an underachievement with that squad 

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Just don’t think it’s helpful or constructive because no one knows the answer. Is it a useful question because if people were being honest you would just have everyone saying “I don’t know.” Or we have a forum full of professional psychologists and mind readers

This. Every single response should be "I don't know", unless any of the respondents are actual players or genuinely ITK.

Keeper, right back, centre back and left winger all just signed for him.

4 starters given a regular run by him.

Wisdom.who he brought back from obscurity. 

Rooney who has come to learn management from him.

Marriott who is being given a chance to prove himself.

Talk of losing a dressing room is worthy of infantile Sun journalism. 

Bad start to the season. We've had plenty of good ones and we're still in this league.  

Much rather we started slow and addressed squad issues than papered over cracks and get lucky. 

Nobody should want to go up this season. Build. Grow. Shape.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Seems a bit bizarre for some to be having a crack at the op for asking the question that many are privately  thinking,isn't that one of the points of the forum,to encourage discussion?

Be a bit dull otherwise and it's not as if there isn't a lot to mull over at the moment....no point everyone just looking away and ignoring the issues at hand.

I don't think that it will effect Mel's decisions either way,I suspect he's got his own mind and views on the matter.

It is a tiresome football cliche though. You see it peddled on this forum everytime the team goes on a bad run. According to some every manager since Clough had misplaced the sacred dressing room. 

Just another thread pursuing an agenda. 

I would be more disappointed in these players if they downed tools rather than Cocu.

In a post a season or so back, I said one major problem this club and to some extent fan base have is that we do not put the responsibility on the players. We sacrifice manager after manager and the same old crap rears its head. The manager who needs time to fix it, never gets it. Since Nigel we are seemingly stuck in a loop and stirring like this just takes us back to another ride on the merry go round. Playing for Derby is a nice cushy number, and sadly Rooney currently embodies this. 

Voted No. Stupid question after 3 games. Didnt us and Southampton both win first 4 games on the trot under Nigel Clough a few years ago and .. and.. yeah Southampton went up and we didnt. Aug 2003  Ravenelli's Derby 3 Reading 0. No promotion. Good start/ bad start meh!!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It will play itself out. I was interested in what others thought. Is that a problem for you?

Constantly calling Cocu is boring. Starting rubbish like this is boring. You've asked what people think, well I think it is a boring topic. Is that a problem for you? ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Constantly calling Cocu is boring. Starting rubbish like this is boring. You've asked what people think, well I think it is a boring topic. Is that a problem for you? ?‍♂️

It's so boring you have to keep commenting? ?

Edit: only 34% think Cocu hasn't lost the dressing room.

Archived