Has Cocu lost the dressing room?

RoyMac5

Has Cocu lost the dressing room?  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many a good season has been on the back of a very poor start like this one but usually players get playing on the back of the Derby crowd urging them on - that is a huge difference - it’s like sleep walking in pre season friendlies currently 

whilst I am at it - playing with 2 defensive midfielders gives all the wrong messages to me before a ball is kicked and personally I wouldn’t want any with some combative midfielders in the middle and 2 centre forwards 

I think it’s a fair question actually and I say this as someone whose been/is happy for Cocu to have time.

I’ve already discussed this with Roy on another thread but I think we saw some cause for concern yesterday.

Firstly the significance of the interview after the game hasn’t really been mentioned, it’s actually a potentially big moment in his tenure as he’s basically asking the team to get behind him. 

Secondly was Cocus manner during the game, usually he is reserved and issues the occasional instruction. But yesterday he was openly calling players out on the touch line For not pressing and closing down when Blackburn had the ball, he was very agitated at times.

This has given me cause for concern. I hope I’m over estimating the significance, but I can’t say I’m not worried.

Im hoping he gets a reaction from the players because the next five games could be vital for him.

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room as such, but it seems that the players, collectively, were lacking passion and that basic work rate you expect at the very least. 

Those two things have to be created by the management team (not just the manager) so in that sense there’s a lot that needs to change, I hope it does very soon otherwise I fear the worst.

Even if it wasn’t a meaningless cliche, the only people who know what the morale is in the club, or whether the players fully respect and/or listen to Cocu are the players and coaches. So it’s a bit of a pointless question, that leads only to pointless speculation, which only leads to (yet) another de facto ‘Cocu out’ thread. 

Pointless speculation is, of course,  the bread and butter of a football forum , but in the midst of all the other diatribe about Cocu, this is just getting a bit dull.

To answer seriously.

No one has any idea so ultimately I think it’s quite a pointless discussion. But I do think it is the sort of irresponsible thread that someone will read and say “wow yeah Cocu has lost the dressing room.” Then they post it on Twitter and before you know it you have a little snowball that keeps on growing. And that is not a good thing. Maybe that’s melodramatic of me but that seems to be the order of the weekend anyway so I hope it helps me fit in. 

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

the only people who know what the morale is in the club, or whether the players fully respect and/or listen to Cocu are the players and coaches.

You reckon the fans can't see some of it on the pitch? This is just a poll to gauge what fans are thinking about this situation. I was surprised by the stuff Cocu came out with in his interviews yesterday,

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

To answer seriously.

No one has any idea so ultimately I think it’s quite a pointless discussion. But I do think it is the sort of irresponsible thread that someone will read and say “wow yeah Cocu has lost the dressing room.” Then they post it on Twitter and before you know it you have a little snowball that keeps on growing. And that is not a good thing. Maybe that’s melodramatic of me but that seems to be the order of the weekend anyway so I hope it helps me fit in. 

And so we will be able to sack Cocu?

Seems a bit bizarre for some to be having a crack at the op for asking the question that many are privately  thinking,isn't that one of the points of the forum,to encourage discussion?

Be a bit dull otherwise and it's not as if there isn't a lot to mull over at the moment....no point everyone just looking away and ignoring the issues at hand.

I don't think that it will effect Mel's decisions either way,I suspect he's got his own mind and views on the matter.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You reckon the fans can't see some of it on the pitch? This is just a poll to gauge what fans are thinking about this situation. I was surprised by the stuff Cocu came out with in his interviews yesterday,

I think fans will see what they want to see, particularly if it feeds into their own strongly held views. I doubt very much you needed a poll to gauge what fans were thinking about the situation because its self-evident from the other threads on a similar subject.

Archived