Has Cocu lost the dressing room?

RoyMac5

Has Cocu lost the dressing room?  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t think so. 

Yet again they were fine until the first goal went in. After that, they appear to completely lose heart and panic. I’d like to think that’s down to the inexperience of the young lads, but there is enough experience on the pitch to ensure that doesn’t happen.

I also think that we wouldn’t have capitulated so easily had our fans been in the stadium. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Seriously. Powertrip.

Think we’re just lacking confidence and our best first team players. We’ve never been great starters of the season. There’s plenty of time yet. Only 3 games in. If we’ve still no points on the board after 6 games it’s time to get worried. But even at that point, there’s still 120 points to play for. We’ll be a very different proposition come mid November in my view. 

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

I always interpreted it as the point at which the players no longer know what they’re supposed to be doing. 

Tom Ince going to close down Liverpool only for Pearson to tell him to stay back, the former then looking confused, was the moment I realised he’d lost it. 

That’s a yes then based on cocus bizarre criticism of Clarke

29 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

New poll:

Who is doing more to try and undermine Cocu?

* Rooney

* @RoyMac5

You could be right.

118 posts since 15:26 yesterday, and probably 70% of them slagging off Cocu or the club for the fact that Martin chose to leave. 118 posts, 27 hours, 4-5 posts an hour ... but he must sleep, surely!?

There was a 9 hour gap in the middle of these posts, so that's 118 posts, 18 hours.

6-7 posts an hour criticising the manager! Christ!

I think it's probably at bit more complicated than they're just not into it and thus not trying, hence lost the dressing room.

You've got a lot of young players finding it difficult, a few of the teams big players out injured, the Rooney thing 9what's going on with him, good as it must be if Rooney's into it, how much of a turn off is it if you've got Wayne freaking Rooney not giving a toss about the team he's in and you're playing for?) experienced players being asked to things they're just not good at, they know they're good at the things made a career out of, but not so much this............

I suspect there's a lot of different factors for different players that are pretty fracking sub-optimal contributing, rather than just the squad decide they're on strike til they get a new boss.

53 minutes ago, SK47 said:

I was a massive Cocu fan up until yesterday. Injuries are 1 thing, but leaving out our best defender at a time when we are leaking goals, playing a 4ft 2" Marriott upfront on his own, it's silly.  

If we lose our next game, Its curtains I'm afraid. Especially if we want to try and make the playoffs, because the way we are playing now, we would be lucky to finish mid table

Every manager makes selection errors. Those gunning for him will target the Clarke omission, and even those who aren’t gunning for him and are angry at losing the first 3 games will. At least he’s owned the Clarke omission and taken accountability it was the wrong call. He needs results but not selecting Clarke isn’t the reason we lost, nor is selecting Marriott on his own up front. What other option did he have? Any striker would have been isolated yesterday.

He does however need to sort the midfield balance which has been the main source of our problems this season. This involves big calls on Rooney Bird and Sibley being dropped, a fully fit Holmes and a change in formation to play 3 in midfield.

Cocu has to earn his money this week no doubt, but his back has been against the wall already during his tenure numerous times and the response has been positive.

33 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You could be right.

118 posts since 15:26 yesterday, and probably 70% of them slagging off Cocu or the club for the fact that Martin chose to leave. 118 posts, 27 hours, 4-5 posts an hour ... but he must sleep, surely!?

There was a 9 hour gap in the middle of these posts, so that's 118 posts, 18 hours.

6-7 posts an hour criticising the manager! Christ!

Christ, you need to get a life mate. If I was half as dull as you and bothered to analyse your posts what would I find? ?

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Every manager makes selection errors. Those gunning for him will target the Clarke omission, and even those who aren’t gunning for him and are angry at losing the first 3 games will. At least he’s owned the Clarke omission and taken accountability it was the wrong call. He needs results but not selecting Clarke isn’t the reason we lost, nor is selecting Marriott on his own up front. What other option did he have? Any striker would have been isolated yesterday.

He does however need to sort the midfield balance which has been the main source of our problems this season. This involves big calls on Rooney Bird and Sibley being dropped, a fully fit Holmes and a change in formation to play 3 in midfield.

Cocu has to earn his money this week no doubt, but his back has been against the wall already during his tenure numerous times and the response has been positive.

Clarke would of definitely reduced our vulnerability yesterday. I would of either played 3 at the back with probably Rooney up top with Marriott, basically anything that isnt Marriott up top on his own, it doesn't work.

But I do reckon Cocu will be gone if he loses the next game... i mean the worst start in over 22 years is a pretty hideous achievement.

Archived