Kenneth Zohore - Joined Millwall on loan

inter politics

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Perhaps not. Perhaps Cocu has in his mind sorted the way that we play in our own half and has an unveiled plan for the rest of the pitch. I cannot see the vision for how the plan will work. The present midfield should in theory be playing the roles that they will when the fast three are playing. Present midfield is presumably hampered by our present not so fast three not being fast enough. OR things will inexplicably change when three fast forwards are trapped in the morass of the opposition's well drilled defensive formation similarish to the present difficult to score predicament. Please explain.

Won't waste my time ?

44 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Hard to get excited about this signing, another so-so Championship player.

It's time our scouting team looked further afield into the great beyond for targets, all the way to Reno if need be.

I have been to Reno, you would be better off in Vegas,

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Steve Howard was brilliant at Luton as I remember 

Yeah, he was. He scored a last minute winner against us late on in the season before we signed him. I think he got 14 or 15 goals in a bad Luton team. 

He was a big signing for us, rather than a shot in the dark. 

I know nothing about this guy in truth so it's hard to comment and I'll defer to those more familiar with him. I do think though that whoever comes in needn't be absolutely prolific if they can just  give us a platform and better team balance by giving us some strength and athleticism up front. Sure, we'd expect them to get their share but if they can be a proper focal point then I think other players can add goals. Add a fit Lawrence to Jozwiak and Sibley buzzing around a proper No9 and an attack minded fullback in Byrne with a good return on assists and it might look very different.

23 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Agree. I want a guy upfront who puts himself about, holds the ball up, and is pretty adept at finding his man. If we have decent attacking options behind or to the side of him, all chipping in with their share of goals, a dozen goals from a big number 9 should be adequate to get us in the playoffs.

Big Fish Sport GIF by Outside TV

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

I'm normally not one to be negative on a signing before hes even put the shirt on, but if he does sign in my opinion he's nowhere near as good as Martin. Let alone being an upgrade. Most uninspiring signing in a long time.

Not sure if anyone has said he's an upgrade on Martin - just different, more physical, quicker but maybe not with the Wardrobes' close control and vision.

Based mainly on possible concerns over his injury record and probable high salary, not one I hope we're seriously considering.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure if anyone has said he's an upgrade on Martin - just different, more physical, quicker but maybe not with the Wardrobes' close control and vision.

Based mainly on possible concerns over his injury record and probable high salary, not one I hope we're seriously considering.

Currently not even traing so not sure this has any legs. Like him probably.

we need someone hungry and at least fit surely

Whilst I think to an extent this is the type of striker we are searching for, as a signing it just doesn't seem to fit how we have been operating this window. 

The attitude this window seems very much about getting good value for what we spend and making the money we have stretch. They have all been low risk signings whilst fitting the bill we want.

You'd expect Zahore will cost a reasonable amount, be on good wages and for that we get someone who's record is patchy to say the least. Not to say he wouldn't come good but it's a big risk. 

This feels like a signing we'd make in 2015 not 2020.

Archived