Kenneth Zohore - Joined Millwall on loan

inter politics

Zohore does fit into what Cocu has said today in terms of something different to what we have, but also then he mentioned about clubs loaning players out and then wages being high so we have to be clever in what we do, Zohore has had a pay rise with West Brom getting promotion so he would fit into the being available on loan but high wages (50k per week)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst I think to an extent this is the type of striker we are searching for, as a signing it just doesn't seem to fit how we have been operating this window. 

The attitude this window seems very much about getting good value for what we spend and making the money we have stretch. They have all been low risk signings whilst fitting the bill we want.

You'd expect Zahore will cost a reasonable amount, be on good wages and for that we get someone who's record is patchy to say the least. Not to say he wouldn't come good but it's a big risk. 

This feels like a signing we'd make in 2015 not 2020.

I agree. It feels like a red herring & wouldnt be surprised if we're putting out some misinformation to hide our real targets. 

Less bothered about his goalscoring record so long as he complements the team as a whole but like you say, he's likely to be expensive also. Would imagine Championship is the last place we'll be looking for players unless there is exceptional value to be had (i.e. being able to pick up Marshall & Byrne in the Wigan firesale)

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have to admit, he causes defenders problems but Im not sure about him being at Derby, which means he will sign , play on Saturday and get a hat trick

In a nutshell uv summed up why Marriott isn’t the guy to lead the line as a lone striker 

he doesn’t cause defenders problems 

everyone was epileptic when we signed Cameron Jerome but in the right system ie rowett as he did an excellent job for us despite being a pretty average footballer.

37 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

In a nutshell uv summed up why Marriott isn’t the guy to lead the line as a lone striker 

everyone was epileptic when we signed Cameron Jerome but in the right system ie rowett as he did an excellent job for us despite being a pretty average footballer.

Cannot disagree with that

41 minutes ago, Coconut said:

This whole thing's been a misunderstanding, someone wasn't listening properly when they were being told out main striking targets.

It's not Kenneth we're trying to sign, no, it's Bobby. Bobby Zamora.

Er..... was there a joke somewhere in here? 

???

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Whilst I get your point. I thought Jerome did ok but was far from excellent. To be honest I think the reason people didn't like the signing is because it was symptomatic of how Rowett made short term decisions at the expense of the long term health of the squad. 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst I get your point. I thought Jerome did ok but was far from excellent. To be honest I think the reason people didn't like the signing is because it was symptomatic of how Rowett made short term decisions at the expense of the long term health of the squad. 

Oh agree im not saying he was excellent but he certainly did the job he was assigned to do to our benefit. 

ie be a foil for vydra and co, run the channels, Drag defenders....

and totally agree it was the short termism that upset people 

He wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea and certainly wasn’t mine but we don’t live in a Man City eutopia where we can have the pick ... he did a job and I kinda feel Derby have been too nice for a while... never harms to have that rough house option in the locker 

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh agree im not saying he was excellent but he certainly did the job he was assigned to do to our benefit. 

ie be a foil for vydra and co, run the channels, Drag defenders....

and totally agree it was the short termism that upset people 

He wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea and certainly wasn’t mine but we don’t live in a Man City eutopia where we can have the pick ... he did a job and I kinda feel Derby have been too nice for a while... never harms to have that rough house option in the locker 

To be honest I think it's probably not too far off the kind of player we are looking for. A physical target man, possibly with a bit of pace, ideally good with his feet is what I expect we are currently scouting for. I suspect it's why we are linked with Zahore albeit in his case I doubt we are seriously interested because it just doesn't fit the MO we've had this window.

22 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Have we got a spare 20 mill though ?

Understood, but I meant the next Mitrovic.

At least taking a punt on somebody unknown to this league and not a donkey that has been average in however many season of Championship football. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think I'd rather have someone who's currently scoring goals albeit abroad or at a lower level in this country than someone like Ibe or Zohore that hasn't been in form for a long time. 

Especially when both seem to think they're worth paying large sums. 

Zohore will be an option if baggies will pay a large chunk of his wages for a year loan.

Eg. If he is on 40k or 50k a week. We pay 10k ish and they pay the rest.

We might get a player out of our price range wage wise for a year, give us chance to further get our finances in order and keep scouting, developing JHI and stretton and you never know he might score 20 goals and fire us to promotion.

Every signing in football is a risk. Doesn't matter if the player is bang in form or utter dross at the moment.

He wouldn't be the first striker to change clubs and hit formz he wouldn't be the first striker to change clubs and flop.

Football.

22 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Probably would need about 7-8m and wages we haven’t got too 

I get that Mitrovic would be out of our range to buy, but looking for a loan on a player like him isn’t unrealistic. Fulham did it a few seasons back and he took them up. 

Archived