Kenneth Zohore - Joined Millwall on loan

inter politics

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

If Zohore joins, I hope our other players share the same frequency as Kenneth.

What’s the frequency?

I just hope when we are back at PP there will be plenty of Shiny Happy People coming through the turnstiles. 

Plus not forgetting our moor remote fellow Rams that are Half a World Away. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

My Cardiff supporting friend says he's absolutely fantastic if the team around him is set up to suit his style of play.

I'm also conscious of how many opposition supporters have referred to Chris Martin as a 'donkey' over the years. 

It's been obvious from pretty early on that Cocuball wants a big No.9 up top who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Doesn't surprise me to see PC looking for a Luuk De Jong type striker. If he thinks KZ is that man, I'll back him.

I’d agree with you on this! I rate Zohore! 6ft 2 with pace and power, completely different to what we have. 

1 hour ago, admira said:

Well surely we wouldn’t offer him any more money than we had offered Martin to stay as that would be pointless! 

Not at all pointless if he provides Cocu with what Martin couldn't  - pace and power.

I just hope we are looking beyond Zohore to provide the manager with what he feels the squad needs.

9 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Doesn’t it say they signed him for £8M, not that’s how much they’re after?

Thanks. Yes indeed it does. I was extrapolating because they only bought him for £8m last year so I'd be surprised if they'd sell him so soon afterwards for significantly less than that.

He's large, but so is Jayden Stockley and Matt Smith and not many would want them. Both have comparable scoring records to him at this level and would be a lot cheaper. Although, I understand it's important to not just focus on the numbers of a striker when condoning the merits of his signing - we see many once highly recognised goalscorers take a back seat when they join a new club and other not so renowned players thrive in a new system. h

I feel that for these more experienced players you can sense a trend in how they put their goal return together for previous clubs, i.e. like Hogan and Vydra are likely to go on long spells without scoring goals but then hit a high amount of goals in a short space of time. 

When Zohore first came to England, he initially struggled to get into the team. He didn't establish himself in his first 12 months, which is a bit of a red flag in itself considering he came over with a good reputation and in good form. He looked like he may be a bit of flop at £1m. However, late December and early Janaury, it clicked for him and he ended up putting up really good numbers and pulled Cardiff away from a possible relegation to League One to a comfortable mid-table spot with 12 in 23 games. He played a significant role in Cardiff's promotion, although he missed October/November through injury, he did only hit the back of the net 9 times. Again, he seemed to go through long stretches without scoring which I don't like to see from any player at this level. He battled through injury and struggling to hold down a place in the Cardiff team in the Premier League, which is no surprise, but then WBA sign him on a big fee (which I have no idea how Cardiff got) and on big wages. He scored three  league goals last season, two of which were penalties that he didn't win. AGAIN, he struggled with injuries and struggling to hold down a place in the team. 

As signings go, this is as big of a red flag as you're ever likely to get at this level. Injuries have hampered him every season, he's on big wages, he's consistently gone through patches since being in England and has a pretty poor record. My perception of him was much higher before scratching below the surface. 

The way that he's being talked about at West Brom it sounds as though they're trying to flog a dead horse. I don't think they will expect to get much of the £8m back at all. The biggest stumbling block for any club crazy enough to want him is to sort out personal terms with him. I doubt he'll accept less than his current deal and he's probably happy to sit around picking up an extortionate weekly amount.

I hope we're looking elsewhere and this is just agent talk to drum up interest from other teams.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

My Cardiff supporting friend says he's absolutely fantastic if the team around him is set up to suit his style of play.

I'm also conscious of how many opposition supporters have referred to Chris Martin as a 'donkey' over the years. 

It's been obvious from pretty early on that Cocuball wants a big No.9 up top who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. Doesn't surprise me to see PC looking for a Luuk De Jong type striker. If he thinks KZ is that man, I'll back him.

This is the content I come for. Not the, I’ve googled his bloody goal record stuff. It’s about finding the player that fits the team you are trying to build.

Not saying that’s definitely Zahore, especially at the money that’s been mentioned. We already have a goal scorer in Marriott (jury’s still out at this level I guess), we don’t need another one, who will never see the ball.

Comparing his Transfermarkt stats to Martin's, as he'd be a direct replacement for him

Zohore (Championship only) - 94 games, 5837 mins, 26 goals - 225 mins per goal, 10 assists - 584 mins per assist, 162 mins per direct goal involvement

Martin (Championship only - not including play offs) - 353 games, 24219 mins, 95 goals - 255 mins per goal, 45 assists - 538 mins per assist, 173 mins per direct goal involvement

Martin (Championship - including play offs) - 362 games, 24927 mins, 97 goals - 257 mins per goal, 46 assists - 542 mins per assist, 174 mins per direct goal involvement

Not too dissimilar overall.

The crazy thing is the yellow/red card stats (if correct, it seems unbelievable but I wouldn't know where to look to double check)

Zohore (Championship) - 1 yellow card

Martin (Championship) - 35 yellow cards, 1 second yellow, 1 straight red

Zohore only has 6 yellows (no second yellows and no straight reds) in his whole career so far totalling 14866 mins!

Martin has 56 yellows, 1 second yellow, 2 straight reds in 36354 mins overall.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What’s the frequency?

I just hope when we are back at PP there will be plenty of Shiny Happy People coming through the turnstiles. 

Plus not forgetting our moor remote fellow Rams that are Half a World Away. 

Sounds like he's tough and will play through the pain barrier. Everybody hurts sometimes.

Excuse my ignorance but how does playing sideways and back in our own half equate with fast wingers and a new striker. Our midfield need to get the ball from our defence and pass it to the new forwards so something big will need to change eg big boot from defence into space providing a 50/50 ball to our fast front three.

Just now, Rampage said:

Excuse my ignorance but how does playing sideways and back in our own half equate with fast wingers and a new striker. Our midfield need to get the ball from our defence and pass it to the new forwards so something big will need to change eg big boot from defence into space providing a 50/50 ball to our fast front three.

Perhaps we are playing sideways and back due to lack of movement , pace , fast wingers and a striker. 

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Perhaps we are playing sideways and back due to lack of movement , pace , fast wingers and a striker. 

Perhaps not. Perhaps Cocu has in his mind sorted the way that we play in our own half and has an unveiled plan for the rest of the pitch. I cannot see the vision for how the plan will work. The present midfield should in theory be playing the roles that they will when the fast three are playing. Present midfield is presumably hampered by our present not so fast three not being fast enough. OR things will inexplicably change when three fast forwards are trapped in the morass of the opposition's well drilled defensive formation similarish to the present difficult to score predicament. Please explain.

Archived