Kenneth Zohore - Joined Millwall on loan

inter politics

19 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I get that Mitrovic would be out of our range to buy, but looking for a loan on a player like him isn’t unrealistic. Fulham did it a few seasons back and he took them up. 

That sort of sinister Eastern European big guy who's not averse to a bit of skullduggery with opposition centre halves....have a look in one of those leagues where they "like a tackle " eg Serbia, Bulgaria.

Not a bad idea.....

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the club 'win' with the fan base when it comes to a new striker?

Option A - Buy someone 'in form' - We have done this a few times, paid over the odds and ended up not being any good.

Option B - Buy/Loan someone out of favour, not great stats - People will moan that he is useless, stats are no good, not a goalscorer etc like Zohore. On the flip side, the likes of Martin & Ince would fall into this category

Option C - Someone from abroad - Would be a complete unknown  could be a hit or a flop.

Option D - Lower league gem - Would kind of fall into Option A as would surely have to have been in form to get our interest but would be a gamble on if they can make the step up, we tried this with Marriott and the jury is still out.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Can the club 'win' with the fan base when it comes to a new striker?

Option A - Buy someone 'in form' - We have done this a few times, paid over the odds and ended up not being any good.

Option B - Buy/Loan someone out of favour, not great stats - People will moan that he is useless, stats are no good, not a goalscorer etc like Zohore. On the flip side, the likes of Martin & Ince would fall into this category

Option C - Someone from abroad - Would be a complete unknown  could be a hit or a flop.

Option D - Lower league gem - Would kind of fall into Option A as would surely have to have been in form to get our interest but would be a gamble on if they can make the step up, we tried this with Marriott and the jury is still out.

My personal choice would be B if it was a loan in our budget or C if the transfer fee was relatively low so its not that big a loss if he failed.

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Martin last season got 1 less than Zohore's best ever tally at this level, which Zohore got 4 years ago. Even ignoring Zohore's dismal goal scoring record, having watched him play several times last season, I thought he was absolutely shocking every time. Heavy touch, inability to finish. I was watching WBA's cup tie with Newcastle as I'm friends with a geordie, and it became a running gag how awful Zohore was, he lost the ball every time it went near him. He scored in that game, and was still below a 5/10.

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Martin last season got 1 less than Zohore's best ever tally at this level, which Zohore got 4 years ago. Even ignoring Zohore's dismal goal scoring record, having watched him play several times last season, I thought he was absolutely shocking every time. Heavy touch, inability to finish. I was watching WBA's cup tie with Newcastle as I'm friends with a geordie, and it became a running gag how awful Zohore was, he lost the ball every time it went near him. He scored in that game, and was still below a 5/10.

My point on Martin is when we signed him on loan originally people would have been moaning about his stats and previous loans at teams lower than us but he fitted in here and scores goals. Even his short loan wasnt the most fruitful so when we got him on a permanent many questioned why.

Ive seen Zohore play quite a few times. Yes sometimes he has looked clumsy and awful but other times he has been a nightmare for defenders, strong and fast...similar to Cameron Jerome who imo we should have kept and got rid of Nugent. What I do know is I trust Roseniors judgement when scouting and Cocus judgement too so we shall see who they actually bring in

On 17/09/2020 at 12:20, BathRam72 said:

I have been to Reno, you would be better off in Vegas,

All we had to do was to offer Martin more money or a longer contract. How long did he get at Brizzie. Now we have to compare Martin with the new striker and wonder if we did the right thing. I would have signed the Wigan CF who went to Cardiff.

50 minutes ago, Rampage said:

All we had to do was to offer Martin more money or a longer contract. How long did he get at Brizzie. Now we have to compare Martin with the new striker and wonder if we did the right thing. I would have signed the Wigan CF who went to Cardiff.

Has anyone on here considered that Martin wanted a move regardless of money or contact length?

Didn't someone say the woman on his Instagram post wasn't his wife? I hope this isn't libelous, it's certainly pure speculation because I have no idea, but perhaps his marriage broke up and he felt a new start in a different part of the country suited him.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Nice thought but Moore signed for Cardiff on August 13th.The EFL charges against us weren’t dropped until August 25th and we were under a transfer embargo until that date.As a result, we’re playing catch up.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Has anyone on here considered that Martin wanted a move regardless of money or contact length?

Didn't someone say the woman on his Instagram post wasn't his wife? I hope this isn't libelous, it's certainly pure speculation because I have no idea, but perhaps his marriage broke up and he felt a new start in a different part of the country suited him.

I think his suitcase was packed. When he scored against Leeds there was no no emotion, no celebration. He has a 2 year contract at Brizzle with an option for a further year. No way we'd have offered him that.....

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Nice thought but Moore signed for Cardiff on August 13th.The EFL charges against us weren’t dropped until August 25th and we were under a transfer embargo until that date.As a result, we’re playing catch up.

What is a soft embargo in terms of being able to sign players. Has anyone seen a proper definition. You can either sign a player or you cannot, surely.

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

My point on Martin is when we signed him on loan originally people would have been moaning about his stats and previous loans at teams lower than us but he fitted in here and scores goals. Even his short loan wasnt the most fruitful so when we got him on a permanent many questioned why.

Ive seen Zohore play quite a few times. Yes sometimes he has looked clumsy and awful but other times he has been a nightmare for defenders, strong and fast...similar to Cameron Jerome who imo we should have kept and got rid of Nugent. What I do know is I trust Roseniors judgement when scouting and Cocus judgement too so we shall see who they actually bring in

Great post 

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

What is a soft embargo in terms of being able to sign players. Has anyone seen a proper definition. You can either sign a player or you cannot, surely.

From what I've read, a soft embargo means you have to get written approval from the EFL for any incoming transfers, it's on a 'one in one out' basis and there's a cap on the salary which can be paid (was £12k p.w. so assume it still is.

The problems arise if you can't move players out in the window and many 'quality' players wouldn't entertain the salary limit.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

From what I've read, a soft embargo means you have to get written approval from the EFL for any incoming transfers, it's on a 'one in one out' basis and there's a cap on the salary which can be paid (was £12k p.w. so assume it still is.

The problems arise if you can't move players out in the window and many 'quality' players wouldn't entertain the salary limit.

Thank you, Wolfie20. Soft embargo so far out of date as to be farcical. The tribunal could surely have been sorted earlier. Next big question is, how long were we under the embargo and then how much did it hurt us and has anyone apologised. Scratch the last part as I know the answer to that. Unlevel playing field to say the very least. Almost comical.

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

I'd like to think Cocu is looking to get better than Martin, maybe more mobile and younger....might cost us a few quid but i think it'll be loan with option to buy 

Archived