Kenneth Zohore - Joined Millwall on loan

inter politics

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

All we had to do was to offer Martin more money or a longer contract. How long did he get at Brizzie. Now we have to compare Martin with the new striker and wonder if we did the right thing. I would have signed the Wigan CF who went to Cardiff.

I've heard from people within his friendship circle that he was on close to £40k a week. Offering more money or an extension to that is why we're failing FFP without Mel's, erm, *creative* accountancy.

I wouldn't be keen on Zohore personally, but with our scouting teams record of picking up cheap Euro alternatives (Camara? Perepjlopkins? Albentosa?) I doubt we'll stumble on a Mitrovic any time soon.

Big, mobile, pacy strikers who can hold up a ball aren't cheap. If Lukaku was 5ft7 he wouldn't be hopping around the globe for £75m a pop. At least Zohore knows the league and the conditions. Maybe he'll surprise me.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

I've heard from people within his friendship circle that he was on close to £40k a week. Offering more money or an extension to that is why we're failing FFP without Mel's, erm, *creative* accountancy.

I wouldn't be keen on Zohore personally, but with our scouting teams record of picking up cheap Euro alternatives (Camara? Perepjlopkins? Albentosa?) I doubt we'll stumble on a Mitrovic any time soon.

Big, mobile, pacy strikers who can hold up a ball aren't cheap. If Lukaku was 5ft7 he wouldn't be hopping around the globe for £75m a pop. At least Zohore knows the league and the conditions. Maybe he'll surprise me.

There must be a host of African and South American players that show great promise. Ghana, Nigeria, Algeria, Colombia and Brazil to name but a few surely have tremendous players already showing great potential. Perhaps we need to add.more scouts to our system. I have believed for years that ten minutes on the internet will identify 10-20 of the best players in the lower leagues. Should be just as easy to do this for other countries with Google translate if necessary. Is it difficult to get footage of games from other countries. Second level league players from Portugal should be easy to find. Wolves could.make top three with Portuguese players bought at a fraction of the price some clubs pay. The Dutch league is available to watch. etc etc

11 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

Do you think that Brizzie pay him £35,000. I would be surprised.

12 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

These people you heard from are exaggerating. He's actually on £20,000 (£1,040,000), the same that Martin was and £2,000 more than Marriott is. Prior to his move from Cardiff he was on £9,200.

13 hours ago, S8TY said:

I'd like to think Cocu is looking to get better than Martin, maybe more mobile and younger....might cost us a few quid but i think it'll be loan with option to buy 

Somebody as good as Martin but cheaper must surely be the limit of our ambition.

6 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I've just had a quick look,  and as I understand it their statistics are fairly similar across their careers.

I wouldn't have said that Moore was prolific previously, but he has caused Forest all sorts of problems today. 

Moore has a better scoring record doesn’t he?

Archived