Who feeling ripped off

B4ev6is

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Srg said:

I’m more pissed that it looks like if you don’t renew due to all this but you want to next year it looks like you’ll likely lose your seat

They specifically state that you will retain access to your usual seat for 2021/22 renewals/sales.

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We have been ripped off. 

I want to cancel my season ticket renewal and I’m still wanting my money back from last season 

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think this should be an option 

I'm sure if you email the club that you want to cancel your season ticket for this season then they will. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

I'm sure if you email the club that you want to cancel your season ticket for this season then they will. 

I haven't renewed, I do think it should be an option for those that have that aren't happy though 

Could they have a system whereby fans enter the ground at one end and exit at the other in a constant socially distanced stream, so that everyone gets to watch for about 5 minutes.

I think this would change fans attitude to the slow passing game. 
they would be demanding attack attack attack and a goal every 5 minutes.

Being ‘ripped off’ implies some kind of underhand dealing by the club. This is a difficult and constantly changing situation, where companies like Derby are simply trying to make the best of it and do what they can. Undoubtedly, there will be mis-steps along the way, changes at short notice and some people will be more disadvantaged than others. Clearly many fans won’t be getting the best service or value for money (and in this regard I agree that those who have renewed already and want to opt out should get a refund). However, to characterise this as a rip-off is very unfair IMHO.

Bearing in mind the originator of this thread thinks the club should throw open its doors and ignore all rules, regulations and safeguards, I imagine he feels any form of control constitutes a ‘rip off’.  I’m not sure this point of view is particularly helpful or constructive, however.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Brightons ground holds just over 30k, they were allowed 3.5k in the trial. We'd be lucky if the club are allowing 8k into the ground. 

That was just a trial though wasn't it (did they open all the stands? I'm not sure). When they're allowed back in, subject to nothing else going too much wrong, I reckon Brighton will be allowed more.

24 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Being ‘ripped off’ implies some kind of underhand dealing by the club. This is a difficult and constantly changing situation, where companies like Derby are simply trying to make the best of it and do what they can. Undoubtedly, there will be mis-steps along the way, changes at short notice and some people will be more disadvantaged than others. Clearly many fans won’t be getting the best service or value for money (and in this regard I agree that those who have renewed already and want to opt out should get a refund). However, to characterise this as a rip-off is very unfair IMHO.

Bearing in mind the originator of this thread thinks the club should throw open its doors and ignore all rules, regulations and safeguards, I imagine he feels any form of control constitutes a ‘rip off’.  I’m not sure this point of view is particularly helpful or constructive, however.

Sorry B4 but I’m with @LazloWon this one. 

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Don't feel ripped off at all, when I renewed my season ticket I realised there was a possibility I wouldn't get to see any games this season. With the restrictions that will be put on the number of fans that may be allowed into each game. I'll be happy if I get to see 1 in 4  games. Just be my luck that they'll all be on a cold Tuesday night.

I read that last line in Unlucky Alf's voice. 

hqdefault.jpg

@B4ev6is Have you actually read up what the club is legally allowed to do yet? When you have, please retract your posts on this thread.

Oh and even though I am ridiculously anti mask, to suggest 90% are not is complete tosh. Read my Intu post in the a Corona thread - 30% were not wearing in the Intu. When I’ve been to Sainsbury's I would say 95% are.

I do it because it’s the law - but it is a disgrace.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I paid my money to see lads play and still feel now club now saying tough luck your not coming in now this has really hacked me off.

I know!  I was fuming when I read that on the club's official statement.  I was actually hissing, with all the steam coming out of my ears!

Why, I've a good mind to... erm... yeah... oh... er... you just see if I don't!  They ain't getting away with this!   Grrrrr ?

17 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

Not interested in going to matches until it's back to normal

Personally, I'd say I'm not going back until I feel safe to do so.  I doubt I'd feel safe in a full stadium in 3 weeks time.  Maybe by the end of October, with a 8000-12000 capacity, I might think it will be worth the risk.  Try it,and see how it goes/how safe I feel once there.  I guess it won't all be about the numbers, but also the rules put upon those of us allowed in, and how well we, as a collective, abide by said rules.

I strongly suspect that first time back, I'll be nervous, to say the least.  I guess I won't know until I've tried it.

Here's hoping!

Archived