Who feeling ripped off

B4ev6is

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Derby county is my life line I really really need it back.

I am sorry if I have upset one or two people but I need let of steam.

Don't worry about it, lots feel the same way.

Just remember, almost every member of this forum is a fan, but one of us taps out £20m quid for a season ticket compared to us mortals.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Don't worry about it, lots feel the same way.

Just remember, almost every member of this forum is a fan, but one of us taps out £20m quid for a season ticket compared to us mortals.

There no that much but mine is £400 but still a lot of money to find. 

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Derby county is my life line I really really need it back.

I am sorry if I have upset one or two people but I need let of steam.

Top post fella.
Yes, your recent rants can be a bit annoying at times, but I for one understand your frustration, and your apology is more than accepted, if at all needed.
You rant away, buddy.  Don't let that steam build up.  We need to keep you in tip top condition, for when we are allowed back in.  The Mighty Rams will need your support more than ever.

Stay strong, my friend.

?

I can’t really work out in my own mind how much of a threat coronavirus represents in a football crowd, especially if the majority wore face masks and took other measures to minimise risk. 
its a highly contagious disease but if a full return was allowed with limited social distancing, temperature testing, and mask wearing, track and trace etc. would people go? I think they probably would.
would there be a huge risk to public health? I don’t know but I’m starting to think maybe not.

how big is the risk?
At present we are told that 1 in 1900 people have the virus. That’s 10 people in a 19000 crowd. maybe temperature testing could reduce that number further. Maybe mask wearing could reduce the risk even more. i can’t see south stand complying with rules on mask wearing, but the other stands probably would. Therefore would the public be at any greater risk than they already are in other situations? probably not.

the public generally seem to be fed up with lockdown measures. People are happy to go through airports; sit in close proximity on flights; many want to return to schools, offices, restaurants and bars. We would actually have to have a severe second spike before the public attitude would change. The fear of coronavirus has been replaced by denial, weariness and scepticism. the normal behaviour now would have had Derbyshire Constabulary posting drone footage and throwing dye about not so long ago. 

maybe there would be a some transmissions, but if so, those who caught it have accepted the risk.

is that then putting friends and family also at risk? Yes.

is that putting stewards, police, players and other staff at risk? Yes.

and thats one reason why I personally would not go. It’s not fair on others.
Would i accept the risk to my own health? Probably not to watch us play boring square passing, but if the team suddenly exploded into life with Sibley, knight and others playing out of their skins, then it would be more tempting however irrational that is. 

the club are between a rock and a hard place. if they opened the turnstiles I reckon 15-20k would attend, and would be happy  to attend, and would accept the risk. I’m not sure that players and staff would agree to turn up. The players union would kick off, so it probably wouldn’t even be an option. But the very fact that we are thinking about a return, shows how far public attitudes have shifted since March.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But with my auriustim I dont have too but plus with learning difficulties the only thing thats kept me going hope be able to see them again now that is in doubt.

You will see them again mate. This is a six month blip in your lifelong support. It’s tough but they will be doing what they can in the fairest way they can to support great fans like you. 

Maybe a fairer system would have been to scrap season tickets for this season and sell say 6 game packages (i know everyone would want a forest one)-with the proviso that you can only buy one package this would allow several lots of 8 to 10 thousand ensured and knowing what games they were going to.If the government changes things,additional tickets can be sold based on arevised capacity.Hopefully everyone would know what they are getting,opportunity for most who want to to attend and much reduced outlay.My main concern at the moment isn't watching the game its how getting in getting out will be managed,obviously its going to be controlled but i dont want to spend hours before and after hanging around.

13 hours ago, rammieib said:

@B4ev6is Have you actually read up what the club is legally allowed to do yet? When you have, please retract your posts on this thread.

Oh and even though I am ridiculously anti mask, to suggest 90% are not is complete tosh. Read my Intu post in the a Corona thread - 30% were not wearing in the Intu. When I’ve been to Sainsbury's I would say 95% are.

I do it because it’s the law - but it is a disgrace.

Its not a disgrace its to keep you and others safe hopefully for as short a time as possible if we all compy . Unless you have  a health problem they are safe to wear , don't believe any of the ' conspiracy theories' that tell you otherwise

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I can’t really work out in my own mind how much of a threat coronavirus represents in a football crowd, especially if the majority wore face masks and took other measures to minimise risk. 

It's mostly about viral load - Even if there's only one person in your section, passing them potentially 4/5 times can increase the viral load they pass on - And that's what's making people seriously ill - So one individual in a crowd of several hundred/thousand could infect all of them over the course of 2 hours at a game

The thing which keeps the numbers in check is limiting the number of social interactions - Go get a coffee and you see maybe 4/5 people - Attend a football match and your social interactions jumps to the thousands immediately 

18 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Maybe a fairer system would have been to scrap season tickets for this season

Fairer to who? I've had the same seat since the ground opened and I don't want to lose it by taking a break for a season

In the current system they seem to be holding seats for people who have their season ticket bought (as I do) - I'd quite happily attend zero games this season so long as my seat is saved for 21/22 - I'll give up going this season so people like B4 can get first dibs

13 hours ago, rammieib said:

@B4ev6is Have you actually read up what the club is legally allowed to do yet? When you have, please retract your posts on this thread.

Oh and even though I am ridiculously anti mask, to suggest 90% are not is complete tosh. Read my Intu post in the a Corona thread - 30% were not wearing in the Intu. When I’ve been to Sainsbury's I would say 95% are.

I find this attitude amongst people puzzling. Of all the things to find a disgrace in this country and the wider world, surely wearing a mask for the purposes of public health (even if it only potentially or temporarily improves the chances of the infection rate going down) isn't one of them? Baffling to say the least.

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Fairer to who? I've had the same seat since the ground opened and I don't want to lose it by taking a break for a season

In the current system they seem to be holding seats for people who have their season ticket bought (as I do) - I'd quite happily attend zero games this season so long as my seat is saved for 21/22 - I'll give up going this season so people like B4 can get first dibs

The club said you won't lose your seat for 21/22 if you renew or don't renew for 20/21.

17 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I paid my money to see lads play and still feel now club now saying tough luck your not coming in now this has really hacked me off.

I appreciate that you're disappointed B4 and it's clear that you love watching your team live as we all do. 

However, it's also clear that across the world, each time a country relaxes its restrictions, the virus comes back with a vengeance. 

For the time being we need to mask up and stay safe. 

Actually sitting in the ground masked up would probably be relatively safe. 

It's the congregation of people in and around the ground before and after the game which is more risky. 

And let's face it, the toilets are not the most hygienic areas at the best of times. Filling them with boozed up football fans would be a recipe for disaster. 

We will get there, bit by bit but we need to be patient. 

14 hours ago, rammieib said:

Unbelievable! I struggle to comprehend such a view

51 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

The club said you won't lose your seat for 21/22 if you renew or don't renew for 20/21.

Oh yeh, I've seen that - And have already renewed - So my current grumbles are more to do with complete lack of clarity from the club about what's going on at the moment (not that they probably have a proper plan yet, I feel a little bad for them)

It was more just that the plan the poster suggested around binning off season tickets this year - I like my seat - I'm not sure I could suffer through watching Derby from any other vantage point

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Oh yeh, I've seen that - And have already renewed - So my current grumbles are more to do with complete lack of clarity from the club about what's going on at the moment (not that they probably have a proper plan yet, I feel a little bad for them)

It was more just that the plan the poster suggested around binning off season tickets this year - I like my seat - I'm not sure I could suffer through watching Derby from any other vantage point

Yeah I agree, they're in a difficult bind dictated by next to know information from anybody really. I know/hope I'll be back in my normal seat the following season, as I believe the club can't guarantee due to the distancing that you'll be in your regular seat. 

32 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yeah I agree, they're in a difficult bind dictated by next to know information from anybody really. I know/hope I'll be back in my normal seat the following season, as I believe the club can't guarantee due to the distancing that you'll be in your regular seat. 

Yeh that's what they've said - They've actually said they can't guarantee you'll even be in your pricing band - I would like to think they'd give some sort of discount on the tickets

1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

A woman in Aldi wouldn’t use the hand sanitizer because other people press on the button... very odd and incredibly stupid. 

Yes some people take things to the extreme. I saw a man with a mask and visor and gloves and a sanitiser on a string round his neck 

Archived