Who feeling ripped off

B4ev6is

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If the capacity is say 9k  at tops during the coming months then if they have sold say 13k season tickets it’s going to be difficult and that’s why communication needs to be better on this. 

Nobody knows what the capacity though

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Come on, Anya purchase was years ago and has no relevance now.

Some people that had booked holidays with Easyjet and Ryanair before the lockdown have only now just started to receive refunds, you can see the financial situation at the club isn't great, we was losing money before all this started but the club haven't stuck two fingers up and said screw you, it's not our fault, they have asked for patience thats all. 

Refunds are being issued this month 

David - Anya was a joke!!

What the club is doing is saying we want to sell you a product paying full amount and in return giving you very little. 

It’s not comparable to the airlines - they’ve had six months and Covid-19 has classified as a force majeure event. 

My anger is the expectation that fans will pay for very little return. It’s a poor offer and rushed out (as there are very little details).

Is the club likely to be struggling? Hell yes, as is every other EFL club (minus parachute money or big money sales). Do I think that warrants ‘fleecing’ the fans - which is what I think their current offer is - no I don’t. Club has tied themselves over with a well publicised loan, so I think now was the time to come up with a reasonable and sensible offer.

Do you think it’s fair value or not?

33 minutes ago, rammieib said:

hope they are reading this. Biggest feedback I am seeing on these two threads is of disappointment, frustration and a little anger. I hope they read this and realize they have cocked up.

I don't see this, at least from reading this thread back. There's maybe 5 negative posts in its entirety, but the vast majority of posts are understanding of the club's position.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

What the club is doing is saying we want to sell you a product paying full amount and in return giving you very little. 

It’s not comparable to the airlines - they’ve had six months and Covid-19 has classified as a force majeure event. 

My anger is the expectation that fans will pay for very little return. It’s a poor offer and rushed out (as there are very little details).

Is the club likely to be struggling? Hell yes, as is every other EFL club (minus parachute money or big money sales). Do I think that warrants ‘fleecing’ the fans - which is what I think their current offer is - no I don’t. Club has tied themselves over with a well publicised loan, so I think now was the time to come up with a reasonable and sensible offer.

Surely the simple answer is, if you really feel that you’re being ripped off or fleeced by the club then don’t renew. No one is holding a gun against your head.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

You don't know that they are giving very little though, your season ticket may admit you to every home game from November onwards and games that you "may" miss before then could be refunded, and that's may point before damning the club before all; details have been released.

We're in a situation where Derby cannot control, this is not Derby sat on inside information knowing they can only accommodate 5k fans for example, government advice changes by the week and even then it's not clear, before the season kicks off and season ticket holders believe they have a ticket to admit them to the ground we could be looking at 5k, 10k, 15k.

As I keep saying so sorry to repeat myself but as of now, today, the club do not know how many fans they could let in, those that have purchased before today MAY be entitled to a refund on top of the RamsTV access for games missed.Those that renew from today onwards are doing so not knowing if they will be entitled to a refund so they know the risks before renewing.

If you can find clear guidance right now of how many fans Derby can let in I can see where you're coming from, but until they do I'm not entirely sure what you want them to say. Either way, last seasons tickets ARE being refunded for games missed, this COULD be the same, just have a little patience, this is not a club that has ever ripped fans off or exploited them in anyway, I type this in confidence that the club will see fans right.

5 minutes ago, David said:

You don't know that they are giving very little though, your season ticket may admit you to every home game from November onwards and games that you "may" miss before then could be refunded, and that's may point before damning the club before all; details have been released.

We're in a situation where Derby cannot control, this is not Derby sat on inside information knowing they can only accommodate 5k fans for example, government advice changes by the week and even then it's not clear, before the season kicks off and season ticket holders believe they have a ticket to admit them to the ground we could be looking at 5k, 10k, 15k.

As I keep saying so sorry to repeat myself but as of now, today, the club do not know how many fans they could let in, those that have purchased before today MAY be entitled to a refund on top of the RamsTV access for games missed.Those that renew from today onwards are doing so not knowing if they will be entitled to a refund so they know the risks before renewing.

If you can find clear guidance right now of how many fans Derby can let in I can see where you're coming from, but until they do I'm not entirely sure what you want them to say. Either way, last seasons tickets ARE being refunded for games missed, this COULD be the same, just have a little patience, this is not a club that has ever ripped fans off or exploited them in anyway, I type this in confidence that the club will see fans right.

Lots of If’s and But’s in that statement - any of which I don’t think would have been difficult to say this week IF they intend on doing it.

If they intend to refund you, pro-rata for games where you couldn’t attend, then that would be a good deal but I don’t think they do - otherwise they wouldn’t have offered the DCFC TV as an option.

You haven’t answered my one question - do you think this is a good deal or not?

1 hour ago, David said:

B4, if you're feeling "ripped off", contact the club, I'm sure they would have no issue in issuing you a refund, but I feel you anger maybe targeted at the wrong people.

If you're expecting the club to go against the government and simply open the ground as usual, I'm sorry but that's completely unfair.

We all have our own opinions on this pandemic and how the government have handled it, but the club are never going to stick 2 fingers up and just say screw you we'll do what we want.

You're frustrated and angry as it's disrupted your life, but please stop and think about what you are writing as someone who is reading your post may have lost or know someone close that has lost a loved one to this virus. 

What you have seen with regards to social distancing do not ring true where I live and I'm sure many others have had different experiences, I've seen you talk about 90% not wearing masks, where I live, what I have seen it's the reverse and only maybe 10% at most from what I have seen have refused to wear masks.

Life as we know it will get back to normal soon hopefully, but you have to stay patient until the government allow the club to reopen the doors to Pride Park to everyone.

I already have said I was sorry if I upset few people on here.

But I am sorry if paid for something you  expect to get what paid for even at 15k mass seats left empty.

Back in March, the footy stopped.  Then it started again, but without fans.
DCFC subsequently put out a statement full of facts.  We all had options, clearly stated and defined.  They offered us this, that, and the other.  We knew exactly what was offered, and all we had to do was choose what option to go with.

...And yet, the confusion on here was immense, even with all the facts written fully and concisely before our very eyes!

Imagine then, as we sit here not knowing what will happen next, or when it will happen, the club coming out with a statement along the lines of "If we are not allowed fans in until October, please refer to options 1A to 5A listed below.  However, If we have to play until Christmas behind closed doors, then please refer to Options 1B to 5B listed below.  If we can let some in during October, but not all, then we propose to follow options 1C to 5C listed below... unless in the meantime, some geezers on dcfcfans come up with a better solution, in which case options 1D to 5D will supersede options 1C to 5C, with the exception of those in the West Stand, who by now will probably be asleep and would not have read this far..."

This message board would have self destructed within minutes of such a mish mash of maybe's, might do's, and potentially's!

Come on folks... let's have a bit of patience. Give the bloody club a chance!  Let's wait until we know when we can return, how many of us can return, and whether we have too many ticket holders or not!  Then the club will know precisely what they... and we... are up against!

I’d rather the club make no statement at all with respect to next seasons STH’s rather than one that contains more questions than answers. 
Everyone understands that the current  uncertainty is difficult for the club - goes without saying - however those who renewed in good faith need to know the precise details before the season starts proper i.e. a week on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Come on, Anya purchase was years ago and has no relevance now.

Anya has only just left the club a and was an added financial strain for 4 years. Overspending like that is why the club had to sell the stadium. I think it’s pretty relevant, especially when people keep saying that supporters need to help the club financially.

I renewed my season ticket before lockdown and to be honest Rams TV and a lottery of a chance of going to games is leaving me feel a bit short changed. The club not stating whether we will be refunded for matches that we can’t attend is a bit annoying (I’ve paid for a car park pass too and don’t know what will happen with that either). 

9 hours ago, David said:

Just don't see this argument David. Yes we're in an unprecedented (that word again!) and therefore highly uncertain situation. Yes it's not the club's fault and yes they have no way of knowing how many fans will be able to attend matches at various stages throughout the season.

But there is absolutely NOTHING preventing the club from coming out RIGHT NOW and saying that however things pan out, supporters will only pay for what they get and will get what they pay for! At the moment they're giving the impression that they're trying to 'get away' with charging full price to enter a lottery for match tickets with Rams TV as a back-up. This may not be the intention but if it isn't all they have to do is come out and say that! Until then, fans are entitled to say that, based on the information they've been given at the moment, the 'deal' on offer looks like a rip-off. The possibility that we COULD get a refund is clearly not adequate when you're spending over £500 for a ticket in some cases.

One simple statement from the club to the effect that pro rata refunds will be offered for any games that season ticket holders aren't allocated tickets for could resolve this today. It really is that simple and should have been part of the original update released earlier this week. They're had all summer to think this through after all.

7 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Anya has only just left the club a and was an added financial strain for 4 years. Overspending like that is why the club had to sell the stadium. I think it’s pretty relevant, especially when people keep saying that supporters need to help the club financially.

It’s not relevant at all, neither is the stadium sale.

All clubs outside the Premier League are struggling when the lower you go the higher the percentage of ticket revenue is the clubs main source of revenue, this isn’t just Derby.

Boro haven’t sold their stadium, they didn’t buy Anya yet have laid off a number of staff.

Wouldn’t a solution be Don’t sell any more season tickets, give fans who have already purchased guessing this number is low guaranteed access, all further sales match by match. Club can cap the number sold without a ballot and allocate distanced seating. Priority sales period for 19/20 STH. 

Archived