Who feeling ripped off

B4ev6is

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh that's what they've said - They've actually said they can't guarantee you'll even be in your pricing band - I would like to think they'd give some sort of discount on the tickets

Just as long as they don't upgrade me from my cat D seat, and try to charge me the extra!  ? 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cost of my season ticket works out at about £24 per match. 
I do not require Rams TV and do not want it forced upon me; for me it’s live football or radio. 
They need to make it clear how much the STH will be refunded if they aren’t allowed to attend individual games and to provide the option of a full ST refund ASAP.

I do hope that they aren’t going to refund the cost of a game minus £10. If that is the intention it needs to be made crystal clear. 

It is easy to start thinking that "damn this virus, I'm not afraid of it" until you read about 20 year girl in Italy who lost 10 of his friends in a couple of months. Young, healthy people just enjoying their lives and it only takes one person with the virus to cause it. 

I feel for you B4 but it would only take one game to get hundreds of people in life threatening situation. You always say we should stand together when Rams are in trouble, well now we are in trouble. Players and fans together, keep your chin up, this won't last forever.

49 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I do not require Rams TV and do not want it forced upon me; for me it’s live football or radio. 
They need to make it clear how much the STH will be refunded if they aren’t allowed to attend individual games and to provide the option of a full ST refund ASAP.

I do hope that they aren’t going to refund the cost of a game minus £10. If that is the intention it needs to be made crystal clear. 

They may not offer any refund for games missed. I didn't read the small print. 

On 02/09/2020 at 16:35, B4ev6is said:

Well club seems to think having a season ticket rota bases that hardly seems fair why cant they just allow all season tickets holders even if only 15k and still have so called socail distancing.

B4, if you're feeling "ripped off", contact the club, I'm sure they would have no issue in issuing you a refund, but I feel you anger maybe targeted at the wrong people.

If you're expecting the club to go against the government and simply open the ground as usual, I'm sorry but that's completely unfair.

We all have our own opinions on this pandemic and how the government have handled it, but the club are never going to stick 2 fingers up and just say screw you we'll do what we want.

You're frustrated and angry as it's disrupted your life, but please stop and think about what you are writing as someone who is reading your post may have lost or know someone close that has lost a loved one to this virus. 

What you have seen with regards to social distancing do not ring true where I live and I'm sure many others have had different experiences, I've seen you talk about 90% not wearing masks, where I live, what I have seen it's the reverse and only maybe 10% at most from what I have seen have refused to wear masks.

Life as we know it will get back to normal soon hopefully, but you have to stay patient until the government allow the club to reopen the doors to Pride Park to everyone.

10 minutes ago, sage said:

They may not offer any refund for games missed. I didn't read the small print. 

There is no small print.... yet. As it stands you're paying £24 per ticket per each member in your household for a chance of attending a few games, and the alternative is DCFC TV at a tenner plus 7 midweek away games.

Caveats - the number of people in your household makes this less attractive.

Caveat 2 - midweek away games are on the red button.

Caveat 3 - I expect 20% of games to be on sky.

This whole offer stinks and its exploiting fans.

Compromise - move ST's to next season, and those who renew can be given priority access to games this season. Charge £30 a game for the 5000/10,000 who will be allowed to go. That brings in immediate cash flow, doesn't exploit fans and rewards those loyal enough to buy ahead.

5 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Just bring an extra bag of sweets or a pork pie to the next match hidden somewhere and think.

I reckon they might actually let you now - I can't imagine it would be financially efficient to open the concourse food places for a massively reduced capacity

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

It would be extremely disappointing if that is the case, paying for a service that isn’t received. 

I bet if you emailed them now and asked for a full refund they'd probably do it - As much as the club will be bothered about losing revenue the logistics of trying to get so many season ticket holders in on rotation will be a nightmare and if you'd rather a full refund now I reckon they'd do it

I think the packages we were offered last season for the resumption were pretty decent and reflected good faith by the club so I'm hoping they follow that through to this season

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

There is no small print.... yet.

Why not wait for the small print then before damning them? You must understand that this isn't an easy situation for the club and they may have jumped the gun a little to push information out there, but those that renewed before the deadline would not have seen anything for their money yet so it's not like they have missed out and those that renew from today are doing so unaware of the full T&C's. 

Has this club ever tried to screw us over? Ever? You should know of all people that the club are always monitoring fan feedback, so before accusing them of exploiting us, maybe voice your concerns in a more constructive manner?

8 minutes ago, David said:

Why not wait for the small print then before damning them? You must understand that this isn't an easy situation for the club and they may have jumped the gun a little to push information out there, but those that renewed before the deadline would not have seen anything for their money yet so it's not like they have missed out and those that renew from today are doing so unaware of the full T&C's. 

Has this club ever tried to screw us over? Ever? You should know of all people that the club are always monitoring fan feedback, so before accusing them of exploiting us, maybe voice your concerns in a more constructive manner?

Releasing a statement which has many gaps is not the best strategy is it David? It leads to a fan anger or fan excitement if its a good thing. Maybe their intent was to see the reaction?

Sorry, but what they could have done is put a holding statement out, but its not is it. Their opening up ST sales and giving fans very little in return. That to me is exploiting especially if they are looking to play of fans goodwill to finance ridiculous player salaries.

I hope they are reading this. Biggest feedback I am seeing on these two threads is of disappointment, frustration and a little anger. I hope they read this and realize they have cocked up.

However, I genuinely feel I've put a sensible compromise on the table. I'd certainly pay my £400 for 21/22 season to get my dabs on tickets for this season.

So sorry Davd, I completely disagree with you on this one.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Releasing a statement which has many gaps is not the best strategy is it David? It leads to a fan anger or fan excitement if its a good thing. Maybe their intent was to see the reaction?

Sorry, but what they could have done is put a holding statement out, but its not is it. Their opening up ST sales and giving fans very little in return. That to me is exploiting especially if they are looking to play of fans goodwill to finance ridiculous player salaries.

I hope they are reading this. Biggest feedback I am seeing on these two threads is of disappointment, frustration and a little anger. I hope they read this and realize they have cocked up.

However, I genuinely feel I've put a sensible compromise on the table. I'd certainly pay my £400 for 21/22 season to get my dabs on tickets for this season.

So sorry Davd, I completely disagree with you on this one.

Maybe we are too quick to be angry? It has happened.

I'm not saying the statement was complete, but there is so many unknowns right now to offer a complete here is where we're at statement, to say they are exploiting us is incredibly harsh even if the information so far has been lacking.

As for your solution, those that have renewed before today did so for this season, I'm sure some wouldn't be happy to know their money has been pushed back a season and if they want to attend this season would have to fork out again this year.

There is no simple and easy solution whilst the government and EFL have not been clear with their guidance, just feel like we should be a little patient before jumping to such accusations, as I say, have the club ever done anything to make us feel ripped off or extorted before?

The problem is we had good faith in renewing before the last deadline even having not received our refund from last season. 

Now they have started reselling season tickets it appears they maybe will have increased fans dissatisfaction as they might not be able to attend all the home live games other than on a difficult inconvenient way. 

Rams TV as a substitute doesn’t do it for me sorry. .

I have emailed the club ticket office yesterday for a refund which is something I didn’t want to have to do.

I believe what should have happened was just sell match tickets on a per match basis . 

The situation is difficult but I believe more information should have been put out regarding refunds on a per match basis if we weren’t allowed to attend a particular game. 

Up the Rams. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe we are too quick to be angry? It has happened.

I'm not saying the statement was complete, but there is so many unknowns right now to offer a complete here is where we're at statement, to say they are exploiting us is incredibly harsh even if the information so far has been lacking.

As for your solution, those that have renewed before today did so for this season, I'm sure some wouldn't be happy to know their money has been pushed back a season and if they want to attend this season would have to fork out again this year.

There is no simple and easy solution whilst the government and EFL have not been clear with their guidance, just feel like we should be a little patient before jumping to such accusations, as I say, have the club ever done anything to make us feel ripped off or extorted before?

yes...spent 4 million on Anya.

But likewise, we must have thousands paying by DD, i hope they will be entitled to a refund without waiting months for it if they don't like what is 'on offer'.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The problem is we had good faith in renewing before the last deadline even having not received our refund from last season. 

If you read the statement they have said refunds would be issued this month, at the time they also said it would take a while.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Now they have started reselling season tickets it appears they maybe will have increased fans dissatisfaction as they might not be able to attend all the home live games other than on a difficult inconvenient way. 

May have, or maybe not, there are many fans that may choose not to renew given the current situation, chances are your season ticket purchase may not mean you miss any game. Maybe the club feel that that with current sales they can afford to reopen sales?

1 minute ago, David said:

If you read the statement they have said refunds would be issued this month, at the time they also said it would take a while.

May have, or maybe not, there are many fans that may choose not to renew given the current situation, chances are your season ticket purchase may not mean you miss any game. Maybe the club feel that that with current sales they can afford to reopen sales?

Well maybe they could tell us how many season tickets they have sold already ! 

Just now, rammieib said:

yes...spent 4 million on Anya.

But likewise, we must have thousands paying by DD, i hope they will be entitled to a refund without waiting months for it if they don't like what is 'on offer'.

Come on, Anya purchase was years ago and has no relevance now.

Some people that had booked holidays with Easyjet and Ryanair before the lockdown have only now just started to receive refunds, you can see the financial situation at the club isn't great, we was losing money before all this started but the club haven't stuck two fingers up and said screw you, it's not our fault, they have asked for patience thats all. 

Refunds are being issued this month 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Well maybe they could tell us how many season tickets they have sold already ! 

They could, but then have the government and EFL told the club how many fans they can allow into the ground this month, next month? that information wouldn't mean anything without knowing the capacity what we can fill.

Who knows, by November (picking a random month out) they could allow 20k in who knows, you may only have the potential of missing I don't know, 3 or 4 games at very most.

Just now, David said:

They could, but then have the government and EFL told the club how many fans they can allow into the ground this month, next month? that information wouldn't mean anything without knowing the capacity what we can fill.

Who knows, by November (picking a random month out) they could allow 20k in who knows, you may only have the potential of missing I don't know, 3 or 4 games at very most.

If the capacity is say 9k  at tops during the coming months then if they have sold say 13k season tickets it’s going to be difficult and that’s why communication needs to be better on this. 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m sure they will make it clear but, whatever they do, it won’t please everyone. Personally, whilst I’d obviously prefer to to be at the games, I wouldn’t have a problem with the partial refund scenario you fear. I hate listening to games on the radio and would much prefer RamsTV. I guess, for some, the attraction of the radio is that it’s free.

Archived