Who feeling ripped off

B4ev6is

After reflecting on this. 

I have sent the club an email asking for a season ticket refund but if they could guarantee a reasonable refund on a per match basis if I wasn’t allowed to attend live games at Pride Park then I would reconsider and keep my season ticket. 

To be fair that is what they may be considering.

Up the Rams 

My email was worded like this 

Please could you refund my season ticket as I don’t want to watch games on Rams TV .

I don’t agree with having to apply to watch games live and season ticket sales starting up again making the whole thing a lottery. 

Also please could I have my 17 percent Option 1 refund from last season 

Regards 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Anya has only just left the club a and was an added financial strain for 4 years. Overspending like that is why the club had to sell the stadium. I think it’s pretty relevant, especially when people keep saying that supporters need to help the club financially.

I renewed my season ticket before lockdown and to be honest Rams TV and a lottery of a chance of going to games is leaving me feel a bit short changed. The club not stating whether we will be refunded for matches that we can’t attend is a bit annoying (I’ve paid for a car park pass too and don’t know what will happen with that either). 

Instead of feeling annoyed why don’t you just wait for the further details to follow? Then you can decide how to react. 

At the moment your emotion (leaving me feeling a bit short changed) is before you know the full facts.

If we do sell more season tickets than are allowed to attend then, I’d be satisfied and understanding if the solution was:

If you’re lucky in the lottery and get to go to the game - great.

If you’re unlucky, then you get RamsTV + a partial refund (I don’t have a car park pass but I would expect a refund in this scenario)

I obviously won’t sit back contented until/unless the club declare this (or something similar) as the solution but equally I won’t start complaining about being royally ripped off, short changed etc until/unless the club announce something I’m not happy with.

Time for a bit more patience before we all start blowing a gasket.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Instead of feeling annoyed why don’t you just wait for the further details to follow? Then you can decide how to react. 

At the moment your emotion (leaving me feeling a bit short changed) is before you know the full facts.

If we do sell more season tickets than are allowed to attend then, I’d be satisfied and understanding if the solution was:

If you’re unlucky, then you get RamsTV + a partial refund (I don’t have a car park pass but I would expect a refund in this scenario)

I obviously won’t sit back contented until/unless the club declare this (or something similar) as the solution but equally I won’t start complaining about being royally ripped off, short changed etc until/unless the club announce something I’m not happy with.

You would expect a refund scenario .

It should be a guarantee 

PS This is a forum for discussion isn’t it ! 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes and @Tamworthram is discussing. No need to shoot them down because he's remaining open to see what steps the club takes over the next few days.

You can get a refund on your season ticket at any point during a normal season if you forfeit it, so I wouldn't worry that you won't get yours.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

With all due respect, we are only 8 days away from the first home game of the season.  Yes of course we know no fans are going to that game BUT as we are only 8 games away, its not unreasonable to know at this point the EXACT details behind what having a Season Ticket actually means.

They've obviously discussed it and probably gone through different scenarios in order to release the statement they did on Wednesday. However, you and David and others are saying "Patience" and "Wait for more details" - The season starts next Saturday.

Even a pro-rata refund minus £10 for Rams TV would have probably been acceptable as a compromise. (It disadvantages those families who attend and have Sky TV but slightly compensated by the away midweek games).

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Yes and @Tamworthram is discussing. No need to shoot them down because he's remaining open to see what steps the club takes over the next few days.

You can get a refund on your season ticket at any point during a normal season if you forfeit it, so I wouldn't worry that you won't get yours.

I thought he was trying to shut down the discussion not me.  

I’m not worried because I believe the Club is honorable.

I have said on reflection I wouldn’t want to give up my season ticket if the club could communicate better  

I don’t except that people would be confused if they did  

Just now, Curtains said:

I thought he was trying to shut down the discussion not me.  

I’m not worried because I believe the Club is honorable.

I have said on reflection I wouldn’t want to give up my season ticket if the club could communicate better  

I don’t except that people would be confused if they did  

We are going through an unknown quantity. The club is probably as much in the dark from the government and EFL as we are. The EFL can't act until the government give them guidelines and then club can't act until the EFL let them know.

Every club is going to make mistakes along the way during all of this and I'd be the vast majority will want to remedy that. 

I bought my season ticket the first week of renewals before all this kicked off. I'm not rushing to get mine refunded, I'm waiting to see what transpires over the next few days. I parted with my cash back in February so I'm not at a total loss for it right now, I appreciate some might not be in the same situation. 

I highly suspect that the amount of season ticket sales were incredibly low when they took them off sale and I suspect the club knows they won't expect many to renew for this season (especially when they've confirmed for 21/22 that we'll still have our normal seats whether we renew for 20/21 or not). I don't think we'll be seeing 24,000 people buying season tickets over the next few days making it an impossible lottery! I'd be amazed at even half of them renewing. 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

We are going through an unknown quantity. The club is probably as much in the dark from the government and EFL as we are. The EFL can't act until the government give them guidelines and then club can't act until the EFL let them know.

Every club is going to make mistakes along the way during all of this and I'd be the vast majority will want to remedy that. 

I bought my season ticket the first week of renewals before all this kicked off. I'm not rushing to get mine refunded, I'm waiting to see what transpires over the next few days. I parted with my cash back in February so I'm not at a total loss for it right now, I appreciate some might not be in the same situation. 

I highly suspect that the amount of season ticket sales were incredibly low when they took them off sale and I suspect the club knows they won't expect many to renew for this season (especially when they've confirmed for 21/22 that we'll still have our normal seats whether we renew for 20/21 or not). I don't think we'll be seeing 24,000 people buying season tickets over the next few days making it an impossible lottery! I'd be amazed at even half of them renewing. 

Good post .

So let us know the fact on how many have renewed already and the policy on refunds more precisely on a match by match basis. 

As you say everyone who have renewed may be allowed to attend games when government dictate that fans are allowed to return to stadiums at a certain capacity. 

As I say on reflection if we are told a little bit more it would be better. 

I do realize these are unprecedented times.  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, you could hardly blame them.  Apparently, it's only worth c. £20m.  I'm no property expert, but I reckon they'd be better off waiting until the market improves!   ?

I'm no property expert either, the market will most probably improve but the location of the stadium won't, still a poo hole, take the £20M and run

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

With all due respect, we are only 8 days away from the first home game of the season.  Yes of course we know no fans are going to that game BUT as we are only 8 games away, its not unreasonable to know at this point the EXACT details behind what having a Season Ticket actually means.

They've obviously discussed it and probably gone through different scenarios in order to release the statement they did on Wednesday. However, you and David and others are saying "Patience" and "Wait for more details" - The season starts next Saturday.

Even a pro-rata refund minus £10 for Rams TV would have probably been acceptable as a compromise. (It disadvantages those families who attend and have Sky TV but slightly compensated by the away midweek games).

But, does it matter if they tell you today or say next Wednesday? 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

You would expect a refund scenario .

It should be a guarantee 

I "expect" because it's not been announced yet. If/when it is announced then it would be guaranteed. 

I know this is a forum is for discussion and I don't have a problem with discussing the current situation and potential solutions. I just find it bizarre any folk to say they ARE annoyed, feeling ripped off etc before they have all the facts.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes - I'm lucky, I could pay for a ST if I wanted to immediately - I'm sure an awful lot cannot. So its not fair on people to only give them 3 days in your scenario.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes it matters because last time the tickets were on sale they were withdrawn from sale weeks before the end of the speciifed window and didn't even stay on sale until 12 PM deadline the next day. Presumably this was because a certain pre-determined capacity threshold had been reached. So on that basis, the current batch of tickets could be withdrawn from sale at any time between now and October 3rd. Next Wednesday could even be too late depending on how quickly they sell and what the internal limit is.

I really want to renew the tickets of my two boys (not going again myself until there's vaccine for health reasons) but at a combined cost £468 I need to be sure that I'm not just paying for them to attend between (say) 25% and 50% of the 23 matches without a refund for the matches they're not allocated tickets for in the Priority Booking Window. The RamsTV alternative is of no real value to us as at most we're going to watch one stream and we'll be subscribed anyway so I can watch it so it really does potentially amount to paying between double and quadruple the cost per match.

It's starting to feel like some kind of test of blind faith?

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

After reflecting on this. 

I have sent the club an email asking for a season ticket refund but if they could guarantee a reasonable refund on a per match basis if I wasn’t allowed to attend live games at Pride Park then I would reconsider and keep my season ticket. 

To be fair that is what they may be considering.

Up the Rams 

My email was worded like this 

Please could you refund my season ticket as I don’t want to watch games on Rams TV .

I don’t agree with having to apply to watch games live and season ticket sales starting up again making the whole thing a lottery. 

Also please could I have my 17 percent Option 1 refund from last season 

Regards 

Not bad. Perhaps “make” instead of “making” and a little more punctuation but overall a B+

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

Good post .

So let us know the fact on how many have renewed already and the policy on refunds more precisely on a match by match basis. 

As you say everyone who have renewed may be allowed to attend games when government dictate that fans are allowed to return to stadiums at a certain capacity. 

As I say on reflection if we are told a little bit more it would be better. 

I do realize these are unprecedented times.  

Did I not read on here somewhere that 11k st had been sold and that it was then capped. Hitting the 30% mark. Which was mooted as the max level that might be allowed back in

or am I making this up?

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Yes - I'm lucky, I could pay for a ST if I wanted to immediately - I'm sure an awful lot cannot. So its not fair on people to only give them 3 days in your scenario.

So, do you seriously think there are that many that could afford one if they had seven days notice but not if they only had three? 

Seems unlikely to me.

27 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Did I not read on here somewhere that 11k st had been sold and that it was then capped. Hitting the 30% mark. Which was mooted as the max level that might be allowed back in

or am I making this up?

I, along with a few others, may have mentioned a figure in that region, but all guesswork, certainly on my part.  I'm not aware of any figures being confirmed... or even mentioned informally.., by the club itself.

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Yes it matters because last time the tickets were on sale they were withdrawn from sale weeks before the end of the speciifed window and didn't even stay on sale until 12 PM deadline the next day. Presumably this was because a certain pre-determined capacity threshold had been reached. So on that basis, the current batch of tickets could be withdrawn from sale at any time between now and October 3rd. Next Wednesday could even be too late depending on how quickly they sell and what the internal limit is.

I really want to renew the tickets of my two boys (not going again myself until there's vaccine for health reasons) but at a combined cost £468 I need to be sure that I'm not just paying for them to attend between (say) 25% and 50% of the 23 matches without a refund for the matches they're not allocated tickets for in the Priority Booking Window. The RamsTV alternative is of no real value to us as at most we're going to watch one stream and we'll be subscribed anyway so I can watch it so it really does potentially amount to paying between double and quadruple the cost per match.

It's starting to feel like some kind of test of blind faith?

Fair point. However, for your assumption to be correct, a previously determined maximum was reached (therefore sales were suspended) but now the maximum has been increased.

My guess is that they suspended sales whilst they decided what to do (I.e. similar to Millwall whereby sales would be capped at the temporary maximum versus similar to Leicester whereby no limit is set and tickets would be allocated by ballot). Given the club have said they expect renewals to exceed availability initially, this would suggest to me that they have chosen the latter. 

Archived