Scott Malone - Joined Millwall on a season long loan

DCFC1388

24 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Malone isn't half as bad as some make out, but he just happens to be surplus to requirements here. I'd say he's an average/maybe slightly below average left back in this league. I wish him all the best.  

I think that’s the thing though 

I agree he’s average to slightly below average.

thats on probably a very handsome wage 

so as fans we see that, knowing we already have 2 in fozzy and lowe that are perhaps every so slightly better in different ways and if not better than certainly no worse.

then as fans we know that’s good money he’s getting paid that could be spent on other areas of the team ... not his fault but it’s the name of the game .. he’s there to be shot at if he can’t justify his wage and transfer fee 

wish him all the best but best for all parties to go go separate ways 

retrospectively wasn’t a good signing for the money we spent  transfer wise or wage wise 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Srg said:

You won't find many arguments that we need to strengthen the forward areas, but just give it a bit of time. We've only just had the soft um bongo lifted.

Yeah true , there's so many great options that are currently free agents ,  I feel like no clubs look at the free agents though some of them have been without a club for a while and are quality 

I think Malone is a perfectly good footballer,

He had a good first season under Lampard but struggled under Cocu.

He may have struggled with a change in role or requirements between managers? Hard to say really

Lampard clearly wanted him and wanted him for his system, maybe just not suited to what Cocu wants from his left back.

He could do well in Millwalls 3/5 at the back

5 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

He may have struggled with a change in role or requirements between managers? Hard to say really

Lampard clearly wanted him and wanted him for his system, maybe just not suited to what Cocu wants from his left back.

Lampard's football was less complicated than Cocu's style. All Malone had to do was run down the wing and look good doing so. With Keogh and Tomori was CB partners and Carson in goal, his shortcomings defensively mattered far less.

Very good fit for a mid-table Championship side playing wing-backs. 

Malone was fine under lampard struggled under Cocu... new style of play in and out the team doesn’t help with Confidence or how he preformed, good luck to him! 

on the other hand hope Bennett’s deal is permanent anything over a fiver is a good deal

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I agree that Malone is a decent player despite the hate he gets on here. Ultimately Cocu didn’t feel he was capable of providing the team with what he wanted so has moved him on. Fair enough. 

As for Bennett, he’s clearly not the sharpest tool in the bag and I think it shows in the way he plays. As a result, as a player you need something extra and I’m not convinced he has it.  And add to the package the events of last season and it’s definitely time for him to move on.

And he spends a great deal of the time unavailable due to injury. 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Malone has something about him but i don't know what it is. I never felt like he was comfortable on the pitch, looks like everything he does was a fluke. His positional ability was rubbish as well. 

I think it's the fact that he runs like a newborn giraffe being chased by Kate Humble. 

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

... well this is the best week I've had as a Derby fan in ages ?

Come on Snakey boy... are you sure you don't want to take Jozefzoon off us too? He's good... honest ?

In fairness this is shrewd by Rowett. He pretty much knows what he will be getting and they may well play better than they did for us by playing every week at the Den..

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

People might not like it but Rowett is doing a very good job at Millwall and think they will be hovering in and around the top 6 all season

Unfortunately i agree. Solid keeper, Cooper, romeo, Wallace and Smith all very good players at this level. All suit the way they want to play. Always cause us problems. 

Archived