Scott Malone - Joined Millwall on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t expect us to sell him, well be able to sell him, so this makes sense.

I’m not sure he’s the worst player in the world, but he seems to have more down days than the other options at LB. 

He could do well at Millwall. It wasn’t long ago he was named in the Championship team of the year. 

I am always puzzled by the antipathy towards Malone. Yep made mistakes, sometimes clumsy in that he doesn’t float over the turf like Bogle but he knows how to play the ball first time and at pace. Never fears to take one for the team. Not in my starting line up but not and no where near the donkey some seem he’ll bent on painting ?

maybe time to move on, but not a bad player when all said and done. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I am always puzzled by the antipathy towards Malone. Yep made mistakes, sometimes clumsy in that he doesn’t float over the turf like Bogle but he knows how to play the ball first time and at pace. Never fears to take one for the team. Not in my starting line up but not and no where near the donkey some seem he’ll bent on painting ?

Yes not awful but also not of the calibre required for a promotion push. 

Not as bad as some make out but equally nowhere near our first choice LB. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went somewhere else and had a decent season.

Had some good games in the Lampard season, don't have any ill feelings towards him but would love to get him out of the door from a financial perspective.

Would be happy enough to let Malone go. He’s probably not actually as bad a player as we all make out, but his stupid mistakes are seriously annoying. Think that red at Reading was probably the last straw in terms of his career here. He’s not as good as Lowe, and we have Forsyth as competition for places. With Buchanan able to play there as well, we’re overstocked at LB and can hopefully afford to get Malone off the wage book.

Its the last year of his contract I think, so a loan for the season with him moving somewhere for free at the end of the  campaign is probably the best we can hope for.

31 minutes ago, jono said:

He’s the same as pretty much every major signing we’ve made in the last 5 years. If he’d been a £500k squad player, he’d have been a decent enough signing. But we paid £3m+ for him, with the wages to match.

Archived