Scott Malone - Joined Millwall on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, jono said:

I am always puzzled by the antipathy towards Malone. Yep made mistakes, sometimes clumsy in that he doesn’t float over the turf like Bogle but he knows how to play the ball first time and at pace. Never fears to take one for the team. Not in my starting line up but not and no where near the donkey some seem he’ll bent on painting ?

maybe time to move on, but not a bad player when all said and done. 

I think he’s utter ?

4th choice left back out of 4.

40 minutes ago, jono said:

I am always puzzled by the antipathy towards Malone. Yep made mistakes, sometimes clumsy in that he doesn’t float over the turf like Bogle but he knows how to play the ball first time and at pace. Never fears to take one for the team. Not in my starting line up but not and no where near the donkey some seem he’ll bent on painting ?

He’s not a bad team player in truth, whole hearted, maybe a bit of a full throttle, red mist tackler at times; that lets him down along with getting caught out of position for me.

It’s funny, my main memory of Malone if he goes, will be winding up the Leeds players and getting in their heads in last years semi final; I’m of course referring to his “their heads have gone” comment walking in the tunnel, which was quite audible. Quite funny too coming from Scott Malone, but at the time I do belief it had some impact and says a lot for what he’s about. 

32 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Not as bad as some make out but equally nowhere near our first choice LB. Wouldn’t be surprised if he went somewhere else and had a decent season.

Had some good games in the Lampard season, don't have any ill feelings towards him but would love to get him out of the door from a financial perspective.

Well said. His best game for us was that 4-1 win away at WBA in the Lampard season. Decent, solid player and will do well for Millwall

Sometimes decent players just don't fit.  Scott Malone and Florian are examples here, both have contributed in other teams.  And wasn't Malone in an Championship team of the year while at Fulham?

Anyway I thought this might be because Millwall had had an offer on Mahlon Romeo (who impressed me at PP) before I remembered he was a right back.  It's an upgrade for Millwall on Murray Wallace so could see it happening.

BUT here's the fact of the day.  Mahlon Romeo's dad is Jazzie B.  Yes that Jazzie B.  No wonder he had some swagger about him!

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But but but he MUST be good right? The managerial genius that is Frank loyal Lampard signed him....and spent millions and millions on him.....surely he must be great...? No? 

2404BD13-2456-4774-BFF1-0B4283896EFB.thumb.jpeg.9042176a70b9ae429febd12484a6e77f.jpeg

18 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But but but he MUST be good right? The managerial genius that is Frank loyal Lampard signed him....and spent millions and millions on him.....surely he must be great...? No? 

At least, even at the price we overpaid, he was cheaper than Ben Chilwell.

32 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Didn't your hero Billy buy Claude Davis?

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I seemed to remember we pushed for promotion under lampard with Malone our starting left back

Until cashly bombed him out lol 

i think people realise that he’s no better than either fozzy and lowe and is probably on more than the pair combined ... hence why he gets a tougher deal ... not his fault .. but that new hair cut most certainly is lol 

3 hours ago, jono said:

Hes no donkey and deffo not the worst player we have had at left back but I'm afraid hes just not good enough

Definitely painted as a worse player than he is. Good engine, gets forward and really does work the whole line when he is playing well. 

Unfortunately he was an expensive acquisition, has a fairly awkward running style and looks a bit ungainly, he also has a daft haircut, has yelled back at fans and made a few poor decisions on the pitch at critical times..so altogether these have blotted out the majority of occasions when he is a solid player who gives his all. 

Honestly, no worse than Forsyth for me, similar players with similar faults on the pitch in recent times.

Lowe is a cheaper, better longterm option and we have Buchanan as well, so definitely over stocked in that position. Prefer to get him off the books for a few quid but doubt anyone will pay that and match his wages...ultimately another poor signing, whoever was negotiating wages /transfer fees for the last few years must really take a good look at themselves. 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

When you reflect on Franks time you do wonder what he actually achieved?

He had nigh on 60 million pounds worth of loan signings.

When you look at 2 x games vs Villa, he showed himself to be absolutely clueless in his team selections.

Archived