Scott Malone - Joined Millwall on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like a bit of a weight off with Bennett gone. He didn’t blot his copybook so much as completely nuke it. Would have been a hard path back with the fans after his comments. 
Hope Malone does well, good squad player but so many left backs on the books. 

37 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

I wonder if we are still paying some of Malone's wages? With Bennett gone too how much must we be saving in wages for the pair, £10k per week or more?

I’d hope it’d be than this. Malone is out of contract so that’s him gone. Would hope for a decent loan fee or all his wages with no loan fee being paid. 

So that is quietly or not so quietly all of the Joiners Arms gang gone apart from Tom who seems to have impressed Cocu since. Huddlestone filming and posting, malone just drunk mess (or tired in wrong place at wrong time), bennett and keogh. Have I missed anyone?

A player it seems snake knows about after playing under him and pesch at Burton a decade ago, not surprising he's moved on as you look at his wiki and there's a fair amount of clubs, Millwall was his longest stay of recent years, shame there's no income except a loan fee and wages for a player we paid near on 3mill for 

23 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I must stop wasting my day off reading Millwall forums, it seems Malone has a reputation after palying for them before

"I did hear a rumour sometime ago when he was first with us, that he wasn't particularly nice. On that assumption I would give him a miss, as he could disrupt the dressing room."

"I was at a junior lions fun day on a Sunday morning when Lomas was in charge and Malone was a proper banker. The atmosphere among the players was terrible and when we got there we saw Malone throwing up out the back of the lions centre, then inside he sat on his chair on his phone stinking of booze while Jimmy, Robbo, Dunne and Fordey were the only ones who were great with the kids, the rest of them came across as a bunch of Bamfords."

and this one

"Don't want that banker anywhere near us again!"

I would say that if Milwall fans have negative feedback about your character it's probably time to look in the mirror and have a personality rebrand.

46 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So that is quietly or not so quietly all of the Joiners Arms gang gone apart from Tom who seems to have impressed Cocu since. Huddlestone filming and posting, malone just drunk mess (or tired in wrong place at wrong time), bennett and keogh. Have I missed anyone?

The guy who had to clean out the vomit in the urinal

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sure it was massive learning curve for him in professionalism. 

I remember early on in my teaching career learning not to get drunk on a school night and let one of my senior colleagues drive me home with the head teacher passed out in the back without a seat belt on.

Sometimes it takes a drunken car crash at high speed to learn such mistakes. I had no idea that was a stupid thing to do before then.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Sometimes it takes a drunken car crash at high speed to learn such mistakes. I had no idea that was a stupid thing to do before then.

Good to see you didn't give in to peer pressure, easy to do in the cossetted air of student teacher training college.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Good to see you didn't give in to peer pressure, easy to do in the cossetted air of student teacher training college.

Are you insinuating that in this entirely made up scenario, the only reason I didn't cave into peer pressure is that the teachers of this non-existent school are worse at peer pressure than the 2019/20 Derby County squad? Because if so, I'm not sure how to respond.

I'm not quite sure why Malone didn't work out here. He must have been OK elsewhere, but the player I saw was defensively weak, ineffective going forward, poor in the air despite being tall and gave away ridiculous free kicks. None of our remaining left backs are perfect, but at least they've each got some redeeming qualities.

Still not sure on Cocu, but this window he's done everything right imo.

Archived