Scott Malone - Joined Millwall on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s be honest if he didn’t run like a baby giraffe people would rate him a lot higher. He just looks clumsy and laboured when running but he’s probably not our worst left back, just the most expensive and so the one we’d want to get off the books. 

People rate players who look aesthetically pleasing even if they don’t bring much more to the team 

19 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Remind me how long is it since William Mackintosh has been gainfully employed and wonder why that is ? 
Frank might not be all that but he has only managed for 2 seasons so has time on his side as for WMD ?? 

Rhetorical question, I know, but I might as well fill in the blanks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Davies#Motherwell

Davies' second spell proved to be a controversial and damaging one. He dismissed long-serving club staff without explanation, shouting at a photographer taking photos for the club's matchday programme after a match at Millwall, banning journalists issuing a "near media blackout" and employing his cousin, Jim Price, a suspended solicitor, as his closest advisor.[27]

Louise Taylor of The Guardian pointed to Davies' "paranoia", "self-destructive insecurities" and "obsession with conspiracy theories and old grudges" as the reasons behind his downfall, suggesting that he had "shattered" his reputation.[30] The Daily Telegraph's John Percy, who was one of a number of reporters who were "accused of being in league with his former employers" for questioning decisions Davies made, said that Davies was "destined for failure" because he was "obsessed" with conspiracies and hidden agendas. He pointed to the "huge funds" Davies was given to get Forest promoted and suggested that he "could have got away with" the "unsavoury" behaviour, had Forest been winning.[31] John Payne of The Metro said that Davies owed the Forest fans an apology for his behaviour after failing to acknowledge them at the end of the defeat to Derby and "insulted fans' intelligence" by refusing to answer straight questions on the rare occasion he gave press interviews.

I've never been that enamoured by Malone. I thought he was decent under Lampard, and had a couple of really good games. He was dependable at best. That said, even though he was mainly played when our form was awful, I thought he was the pits last season. Error after error leading to big chances and sloppy goals. Granted he wasn't given a chance when our form improved, but Cocu obviously felt that that chance wasn't warranted. Hope he does well enough at Millwall that they put in an offer for him to join permanently. We've got plenty of other options at LB. 

It’s the one area we’re stacked in, could have been 4th choice left back had he stayed, would have been nice to sell but hopefully goes and impresses where we can recoup a chunk of what we paid for.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Out of contract next summer so I hope we're getting a decent loan fee or put in an obligation to buy in Jan or we can recall & sell

I think the recent Tribunal debacle shows that we have a management team that knows what they are doing so I’d leave it up to them to sort the details of the loan  out.

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Starting to take shape now defence is looking good , can't help thinking we are so weak in attack though,  arguably weaker that last year now Martin is gone and we were poor last year ?‍♂️

You won't find many arguments that we need to strengthen the forward areas, but just give it a bit of time. We've only just had the soft um bongo lifted.

Archived