Jacob Murphy

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I hope that's not more transfers where we are obliged to guarantee a starting place

Just me, right back. Can tackle a bit, no pace, never stopped a cross, iffy first touch, I think I can pass but it is only a delusion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This makes a lot of sense. He could be an option at RWB when we play 5 at the back, minimising the impact of losing Bogle. Wisdom would be used in a back 4, with Murphy pushed up to RW. 

Has Steve Bruce ever done us a favour ?

My mate has just seen him with Shane Nicholson, Steve Biggins and Mel Sage in TopChef at Five Lamps. He was having chips on naan with chilli sauce. Told me they were off to the Seven Stars for a swifty before piling in a cab to Bubbles and then a nightcap at the Midland Hotel.

Welcome to Derby son. I think we can safely say that this one is in the bag.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This, exactly.

As soon as that red faced walking stroke said he wanted to look at him for 3 weeks I knew straight away he didnt want him to come to us.

Is there some history between Bruce and Derby that I'm not aware of?

Rumour as it  he got his son Alex whilst at Ipswich to get a Derby player sent off  and BYWATER fell for it ....Bruce himself was manager at Brum  at the time .... play off winning season  

17 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This, exactly.

As soon as that red faced walking stroke said he wanted to look at him for 3 weeks I knew straight away he didnt want him to come to us.

Is there some history between Bruce and Derby that I'm not aware of?

This made me laugh out loud and get some funny looks in the queue at co op ?

24 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Bruce was VERY close to becoming our Player Manager with Mark Hughes in the Mid 90`s

the deal fell through at the last minute for some reason and we ended up hiring Jim Smith.

Maybe this is why we never get any favours from him??

I've never heard that one before? Anyone else vouch for this?

28 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I've never heard that one before? Anyone else vouch for this?

Yes it's true ,  Bruce was eager to come as player manager  and wanted to bring Hughes with him ....  but Ferguson  wanted a fee for Hughes  so it never materialised  ... enter the legend Jim Smith 

18 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

My mate has just seen him with Shane Nicholson, Steve Biggins and Mel Sage in TopChef at Five Lamps. He was having chips on naan with chilli sauce. Told me they were off to the Seven Stars for a swifty before piling in a cab to Bubbles and then a nightcap at the Midland Hotel.

Welcome to Derby son. I think we can safely say that this one is in the bag.

Got this all wrong fella

The joiners for a nightcap before a drive home... 

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Bruce was VERY close to becoming our Player Manager with Mark Hughes in the Mid 90`s

the deal fell through at the last minute for some reason and we ended up hiring Jim Smith.

Maybe this is why we never get any favours from him??

I remember this! I was well excited about getting Hughes in at the time, think he went to chelsea for £2m? Not so much Bruce. Funny how things turn out as I remember thinking “who the hell is jim Smith??” And my dad saying it was a shrewd move and would pay off. He wasn’t wrong!

Archived