Jacob Murphy

Heisenberg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As requested I’ve just kicked the tramp. He said Murphy remains an option but that as he’s 43 now and has been retired for seven years he understands that Gary Rowett is favourite to land him.

He then began to sing ‘Danny boy’ with tears streaming down his face.

Make of that what you will.  I think he’s crackers. The tramp that is, not Jacob.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

As requested I’ve just kicked the tramp. He said Murphy remains an option but that as he’s 43 now and has been retired for seven years he understands that Gary Rowett is favourite to land him.

He then began to sing ‘Danny boy’ with tears streaming down his face.

Make of that what you will.  I think he’s crackers. The tramp that is, not Jacob.

Jacob's crackers alright. 

Think the tramp has a future at the Telegraph. 

From what I understood from Cocus pre reading interview, we’re only looking to bring in 1 winger and 1 striker 

Jozwiak being the most likely candidate for winger so just a striker to go, I would be surprised if he is still a target

I think our business is almost done, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he feels we need more after yesterday’s shambles

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

From what I understood from Cocus pre reading interview, we’re only looking to bring in 1 winger and 1 striker 

Jozwiak being the most likely candidate for winger so just a striker to go, I would be surprised if he is still a target

I think our business is almost done, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he feels we need more after yesterday’s shambles

We also need a creative Mount type player in midfield....

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We also need a creative Mount type player in midfield....

Absolutely. Midfield too similar. A lot of CDMs.

Our only attacking midfielders that offer a threat and can carry the ball are Sibley and Holmes.

Sibley is very young. Will not be consistent and will need to be managed and shouldn't be starting every week. Holmes is injury prone. A loan would be ideal really. 

I said it on another post but we need a left back. Forsyth isn't good enough at all and Buchanan has absolutely no experience whatsoever.

Its exactly the same as the RB position. Last week people were saying we didn't need a right back because we had Wisdom and Ebosele. Which was madness.

Jozwiak

Striker

Attacking Midfielder

Left back.

Get them in coupled with Waghorn, Lawrence, Rooney, Bielik, Holmes back in and we will challenge.

Just seems mental to leave yourself short with how many games we have coming.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Absolutely. Midfield too similar. A lot of CDMs.

Our only attacking midfielders that offer a threat and can carry the ball are Sibley and Holmes.

Sibley is very young. Will not be consistent and will need to be managed and shouldn't be starting every week. Holmes is injury prone. A loan would be ideal really. 

I said it on another post but we need a left back. Forsyth isn't good enough at all and Buchanan has absolutely no experience whatsoever.

Its exactly the same as the RB position. Last week people were saying we didn't need a right back because we had Wisdom and Ebosele. Which was madness.

Jozwiak

Striker

Attacking Midfielder

Left back.

Get them in coupled with Waghorn, Lawrence, Rooney, Bielik, Holmes back in and we will challenge.

Just seems mental to leave yourself short with how many games we have coming.

Totally agree but do we have the money to bring in 4 players. We don't seem to be looking at loans or frees much so it makes me wonder if we are very close to the FFP line and don't really have the wages to spend, or the upfront transfer cash.

19 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Totally agree but do we have the money to bring in 4 players. We don't seem to be looking at loans or frees much so it makes me wonder if we are very close to the FFP line and don't really have the wages to spend, or the upfront transfer cash.

Well Jozwiak will be a permanent. Whispers are the striker will be a loan with an option to buy.

I think we would only need an attacking midfielder and a left back on loan. We have Buchanan and Sibley and I wouldn't want to block their paths. I just think it's far too big of an ask to ask them to play every week.

45 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Well Jozwiak will be a permanent. Whispers are the striker will be a loan with an option to buy.

I think we would only need an attacking midfielder and a left back on loan. We have Buchanan and Sibley and I wouldn't want to block their paths. I just think it's far too big of an ask to ask them to play every week.

I agree that we really could do with the reinforcement. But I just not convinced we have the money to spend. Prem clubs want loan fees most of the time and with the Jozwiak fee going up and a striker to come, maybe we are potless from an ffp stand point, unless Jozefzoon moves on. It's a very weird time and the EFL definitely don't seem to be bothered about helping clubs to survive. Does anyone know when the 3 year FFP cycle starts again? I also remember someone on here saying that after an EFL investigation your 3 year cycle gets reset automatically, I imagine from the current circumstances that is definitely not the case.

Cocu said after the winger signs we will have space in the squad for 1 more attacking option which will be a striker. Once Jozefzoon goes that surely frees up another space. Personally think we need someone who can play right across the 3 behind the striker (like Roberts) as well as Jozwiak & a striker. I think Lawrence might end up more as a number 10 as i cant see Sibley being as influential as others as he is a marked man now.

15 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

We have one, Louis Sibley, Cocu is just playing him out of position (too far forward) in pre-season and first couple of competitive matches to have any influence.

Exactly one. And the one is a 19 year old in his first full season. 

We need someone else there to compete.

What happened to people's opinions of Sibley. Last week he was literally being compared to Mbappe and now, after one bad game, he isn’t good enough and we need a new attacking midfielder 

This forum really opens my eyes sometimes ?

34 minutes ago, Jram said:

What happened to people's opinions of Sibley. Last week he was literally being compared to Mbappe and now, after one bad game, he isn’t good enough and we need a new attacking midfielder 

It’s a stereotypical case of fans getting over excited at a home grown product with talent.

as u say end of last season and onwards ud think he was Bloody mbappe The way people were bigging him up 

he’s got talent no question about it, he’s got an eye for goal and lovely technique 

but it’s a massive but ... he’s raw , he has plenty to learn, 

he may never fulfill that potential .. meson Bennett, Callum ball ... or he may turn into a will Hughes or Jeff hendrick and realise what he’s got 

I think a lot seem to be under the impression he will carry us as an attacking force with mecurial performances week in week out where in essence he’s still learning and I’m sure when the new arrivals come in he will continue to be used as impact or in rotation with probably Lawrence as he continues to develop and learn 

But as it stands he certainly isn’t the messiah many seem to hold him as 

40 minutes ago, Jram said:

Louie is in a similar place that Mount found himself in after his first few games for us..... A marked man. 

He now needs to learn how to cope with being man marked and how to vary his position and runs in games to make it difficult to be picked up. 

There is not a better man than Rooney to teach him he had it the majority of his career. Mason worked it out after awhile and came back strong Sibley will do the same. 

1 hour ago, Jram said:

I don’t think the behind the striker role suits him. We can’t get him involved enough. I hope the signings we make mean we can go back to 433 and Sibley goes into the midfield 3.

Archived