Jacob Murphy

Heisenberg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I would like to see 4-3-3 with three very pacey forwards. 

Wouldn't we all lol , every fan wants that for their team , realistically though mel overspent for previous managers and it didn't work out and I feel like money is going to be tight for a considerable time so loans and the odd free transfer maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong though 

Can’t believe there’s resistance to this. When you break it down you see it’s the exact sort of signing we need to make.

Fills a huge need: we don’t have much pace in the team and don’t have enough natural wingers. Even if you prefer an inverted forward type on the wing, surely you can see the need for having more balance in the squad. In my eyes, you need a blend of Murphy types and Lawrence types. FWIW I think Holmes is far better down the middle, would rather be competed to play 10 with Sibley.

Ideal situation: surplus to requirements at Newcastle, still only 24 and only has one year left on his contract. This is where you can find value in the Championship, taking on talented players when their value is at its lowest. We did it with Ince and Martin to great effect. There’s a really good best case scenario here, which is Murphy performs well enough that we secure him for a bargain. Could arrange a lowered loan to buy fee because he’s only got one year left on his contract or pick him up for free when it runs out.

Improves on what we’ve got: the only comparable player we have is Jozefzoon who’s barely played 90 minutes since the start of the year. Enough said.

It’s a no brainer and the first rumour that’s excited me. Hope there’s something to the story.

18 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Can’t believe there’s resistance to this. When you break it down you see it’s the exact sort of signing we need to make.

Fills a huge need: we don’t have much pace in the team and don’t have enough natural wingers. Even if you prefer an inverted forward type on the wing, surely you can see the need for having more balance in the squad. In my eyes, you need a blend of Murphy types and Lawrence types. FWIW I think Holmes is far better down the middle, would rather be competed to play 10 with Sibley.

Ideal situation: surplus to requirements at Newcastle, still only 24 and only has one year left on his contract. This is where you can find value in the Championship, taking on talented players when their value is at its lowest. We did it with Ince and Martin to great effect. There’s a really good best case scenario here, which is Murphy performs well enough that we secure him for a bargain. Could arrange a lowered loan to buy fee because he’s only got one year left on his contract or pick him up for free when it runs out.

Improves on what we’ve got: the only comparable player we have is Jozefzoon who’s barely played 90 minutes since the start of the year. Enough said.

It’s a no brainer and the first rumour that’s excited me. Hope there’s something to the story.

100% ^^ this ??????

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Someone speaking sense on here for once. 

Not sure what the knew obsession on this forum with "inside forwards" is (aside from waghorn we play more inverted wingers that inside forwards)

It's not exactly a new concept in football or even Derby.

Inverted wingers have evolved to be the norm in football as the game has shifted from crosses being the most dangerous type of attack to the through ball being dominant

Think Murphy could be a good bit of business, we're clearly desperate for more on the right wing

Would assume a deal could be done in relation to wages as Wednesday were able to afford him last season.

In reality this one will come down to the lad himself and which manager he wants to play for.

Back to Weds with Monk who he has thanked for building his confidence?

To Derby with all the uncertainty but a manager who has shown he will give young players a go - similar to Norwich the season they went up with younger players coming through.

To Forest...counter attacking style that would suit his pace. Unpredictable selection has been one criticism of Lamouchi. 

Boro - to play for Warnock who signed his brother for Cardiff.

We have a chance but I see him goinf back to Sheffield Wednesday. 

9 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

absolutely bang on. every word

1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

Not sure what the knew obsession on this forum with "inside forwards" is (aside from waghorn we play more inverted wingers that inside forwards)

It's not exactly a new concept in football or even Derby.

Inverted wingers have evolved to be the norm in football as the game has shifted from crosses being the most dangerous type of attack to the through ball being dominant

Think Murphy could be a good bit of business, we're clearly desperate for more on the right wing

Lawrence is more of an inside forward than an inverted winger. His primary focus is to cut inside and get a shot away. Players like Dawkins was more of an inverted winger as he would cut inside and link play instead of looking for goal.

12 hours ago, jono said:

I really am not as schooled as many on here about the science of 433 442 4231

I really wouldn't worry about that, formations are fluid and certainly change when you've got or haven't got the ball. Anyone who focusses too much on these probably doesn't know what they're talking about.

Archived