Jacob Murphy

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Would assume a deal could be done in relation to wages as Wednesday were able to afford him last season.

In reality this one will come down to the lad himself and which manager he wants to play for.

Back to Weds with Monk who he has thanked for building his confidence?

To Derby with all the uncertainty but a manager who has shown he will give young players a go - similar to Norwich the season they went up with younger players coming through.

To Forest...counter attacking style that would suit his pace. Unpredictable selection has been one criticism of Lamouchi. 

Boro - to play for Warnock who signed his brother for Cardiff.

We have a chance but I see him goinf back to Sheffield Wednesday. 

The Rooney effect is massive, even for professional footballers. We’re in with a really good chance

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lawrence is more of an inside forward than an inverted winger. His primary focus is to cut inside and get a shot away. Players like Dawkins was more of an inverted winger as he would cut inside and link play instead of looking for goal.

I would disagree on Lawrence, but I think its more of a semantic difference than any real difference in role and more down to individual player style.

23 hours ago, jono said:

I really am not as schooled as many on here about the science of 433 442 4231 or whatever but in my mind a wide man who distorts an opponents shape and strategy by virtue of playing on the margins, beating a man, being wide so stretching a defence and creating space, crosses or cutting in is a huge value. .. he’s past his best but Hoilet was always one of those. Benherama is one now and likely to be a prem target. Johnny Russell did it - inconsistently - for us but whoever it is is you are a better side with one in the mix. 

Schooled enough mate exactly this.

15 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Is that his best bits? yikes!!!!! including shots that are blocked and a few dribbles and crosses .....wow!!

That's for Newcastle. In the Prem. More than good enough for Championship. A better indication might be his highlights for sheff wed?

25 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

That's for Newcastle. In the Prem. More than good enough for Championship. A better indication might be his highlights for sheff wed?

Not only that but alot of the highlights were vs United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea, complete different level of class of who he would be up against for us

38 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Just like Abdoul Camara.....

Bit of an unfair comparison to my mind. I think it's pretty safe to say we know a deal more about this lad than we did about Camara. Also Camara came from a 2nd tier team in the French league (Angers) not an English Premiership side.

There's no absolute guarantee Murphy would do better for us, but there's a lot of evidence to suggest it's highly likely.

Could this be an opportunity to attempt one of those loan with a future fee options I saw being discussed on here a few days ago? Would be shrewd business if we could pull something like that off. With that being said, I should imagine Newcastle may be looking to offload this summer, he is 25 and unlikely to break into the first team there, what with their takeover falling through they might look to raise some funds. Good player though from what I’ve seen.

Archived