Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Brentford have built a very, very good side (Toney aside) on next to nothing, fair play to them 

they will he horrible to play against next season 

If we don’t look forward to playing them then we might as well not bother 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Brentford have built a very, very good side (Toney aside) on next to nothing, fair play to them 

they will he horrible to play against next season 

No doubt they've recruited better than most but the truth is we don't know what they've spent on incoming transfers since the vast majority of them are undisclosed

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

No doubt they've recruited better than most but the truth is we don't know what they've spent on incoming transfers since the vast majority of them are undisclosed

Plus... people on ever point out their successes, nobody even notices when they sign some unheard of foreign player who joins for an undisclosed fee, fails to make an impact then gets moved on for an undisclosed fee.

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Plus... people on ever point out their successes, nobody even notices when they sign some unheard of foreign player who joins for an undisclosed fee, fails to make an impact then gets moved on for an undisclosed fee.

Also when it comes to negotiating for players the price differs, we wanted Watkins but got asked for a lot more than Brentford paid

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We have to accept that (up until now at least) Brentfords recruitment has been on a different level to ours.. 

Maybe, but our academy is becoming a production line of really talented young players and in the long-run, I know which business model I'd favour. 

31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Maybe, but our academy is becoming a production line of really talented young players and in the long-run, I know which business model I'd favour. 

Is it though? 

Hendrick and Hughes are the only academy products who stand out and we got laughable fees for both 

Brentford are selling players they bought for nominal fees for double figures some for 15-20 million 

Who else out of our academy has actually gone on to do anything of substance? 

im hoping that the investment into the academy is now starting to bear fruit and this may be incredibly unpopular, but I really don’t think our academy is all that, in fact up until now I think it’s been average at best. 

hopefully the tide is turning as seen with our achievements winning the premier league

It hurts me to say it, but imo, Forest have a better academy than us with nowhere near the amount of investment and they seem to fetch much larger transfer fees for their kids than we do ours.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Is it though? 

Hendrick and Hughes are the only academy products who stand out and we got laughable fees for both 

Brentford are selling players they bought for nominal fees for double figures some for 15-20 million 

Who else out of our academy has actually gone on to do anything of substance? 

im hoping that the investment into the academy is now starting to bear fruit and this may be incredibly unpopular, but I really don’t think our academy is all that, in fact up until now I think it’s been average at best. 

hopefully the tide is turning as seen with our achievements winning the premier league

It hurts me to say it, but imo, Forest have a better academy than us with nowhere near the amount of investment and they seem to fetch much larger transfer fees for their kids than we do ours. 

10 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Hendrick for free through the academy and sold for £11m doesn't seem a ''laughable fee'' to me?

18 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Is it though? 

Yes it is.

Really? We may have got buttons for Hughes but that's down to that idiot Pearson and we got over £10 million for Jeff. How TF is that 'laughable'? The current set up is also nothing like it was when those lads were coming through. 

im hoping that the investment into the academy is now starting to bear fruit and this may be incredibly unpopular, but I really don’t think our academy is all that, in fact I think it’s average at best. 

U18's and U23's having huge success in their leagues, playing in European comps, the flood of players coming through to the first team set up with seemingly as many more to follow. That's average is it?

It hurts me to say it, but Forest have a better academy than us 

Of course they do! ?

16 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. Forest aren't even a cat 1 academy, what an absolutely hopeless viewpoint. I don't care what fees they get, they do not have a better academy than us. The fees earned for players doesn't reflect the skill of the players they're producing. Our academy beat Borussia Dortmund and competed well against elite academies in Europe. 

this may be incredibly unpopular, but I really don’t think our academy is all that, in fact up until now I think it’s been average at best. 

Unpopular because it's just incredibly uninformed. 

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hughes was sold under that idiot Rowett though I grant you he would have lost value under the idiot Pearson.

Whilst I could blame Pearson for a lot of things he did play Hughes at Watford every time he was fit 

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

Jozefzoon? 

Archived