Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

45 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Popular belief is a loan has been lined up, but nothing has been stated so far. I imagine if he was injured, someone at the club would have mentioned it.

I think that’s what Hector-Ingram needs now is a loan at a decent level of first-team football to help him kick-on as, clearly, Cocu doesn’t think he’s ready for our first-team yet.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Popular belief is a loan has been lined up, but nothing has been stated so far. I imagine if he was injured, someone at the club would have mentioned it.

I assumed he was injured as I think he was with the first team for pre season until the Sheffield United game, when I recall being surprised he wasn't listed as we were missing a lot of forwards. From then on I don't think I've seen mention of him being involved with either the first team or the U23s?

2 hours ago, tinman said:

Sebagabo has been with us a couple of years. Used to be at Ajax I think. Very Very highly rated. He's been playing with the U16's since he was 13

A quick google and I came across this page. 14 years old back in July 2019, so I'm guessing he's only 15 now, and will be a member of the U16 squad.

He moved to England in 2015, but didn't sign for a club for 2 years. He went to Leicester but didn't make it, before getting a trial with us in April 2018. He considers himself to be a box-to-box midfielder, although he's played on the wings and upfront at times.

It may have been PSV instead of Ajax

Edited by Ghost of Clough

If I have a plea to the club at the moment, it is to give us better match reports on the academy games with full team news, starting 11 and subs. 

Without being there and with no access to the teamsheets we picked up at games it is really difficult to keep track of the young players. 

There are so many people associated with the club pitchside on matchdays it wouldn't be too much to ask, would it? I noticed Waggy was loitering at the Moor Farm game - good to see by the way - maybe he could diversify a little? ?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

If I have a plea to the club at the moment, it is to give us better match reports on the academy games with full team news, starting 11 and subs. 

Without being there and with no access to the teamsheets we picked up at games it is really difficult to keep track of the young players. 

There are so many people associated with the club pitchside on matchdays it wouldn't be too much to ask, would it? I noticed Waggy was loitering at the Moor Farm game - good to see by the way - maybe he could diversify a little? ?

I totally agree.

Edited by Stuniverse

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

@OwenB87 could this be passed on. Not your remit I know...

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

At least we get to watch the U23s on RamsTV this Friday.