Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ebosele and Hector-Ingram could genuinely be involved today for the first team. I don't know if there is anyone else. 

Shonibare scored for the U23s. 

Ebosele picked up an injury in one of the first team friendlies and hasn’t been seen since. Doubt he’ll be in the first team squad today

34 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ebosele and Hector-Ingram could genuinely be involved today for the first team. I don't know if there is anyone else. 

Shonibare scored for the U23s. 

Despite not being in the line-up! Derby put Brown down twice, which made us think Jordan was with them but he's on the first team bench. 

Well done, Josh. If you want to impress the boss after training with the first team then keep scoring goals. 

When the first team, U23s and U18s were all playing on the same day with our very stretched resources, I really feared for us. Brilliant from both teams of youngsters. A 3-3 draw with Man City with that U23 team showing such resilience is  a stunning result in the circumstances.

The great thing is that these youngsters know there is a route to the first team open. If they impress, they will get their chance. Today there were seven academy graduates in the first team squad, four of them starting.

It's important for the Academy to be a continual production line rather than just giving us a one-off golden generation.

On 12/09/2020 at 12:16, Ghost of Clough said:

First league game of the season for the U23s kicks off in just under an hour. 

Struggling to figure out the formation ?

It was Shonibare, not Jordan Brown, as somebody has already mentioned

Anybody know who the subs were for the U23s and who came on for who?

19 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

It was Shonibare, not Jordan Brown, as somebody has already mentioned

Anybody know who the subs were for the U23s and who came on for who?

I guessed that when Shonibare scored and JBrown was on the first team bench ?

16 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

About 27 seconds into this video, Gary Bowyer mentions who he’s working with on the U23 Backroom team. I couldn’t quite make out the name of the U23 Physio he mentions. Can anybody else make it out?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/bowyer-to-be-part-of-this-academy-is-something-i-couldnt-turn-down

Steve Devine, who played a few games for us in the 80's. The two of them played together for a little bit at Hereford.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I guessed that when Shonibare scored and JBrown was on the first team bench ?

Steve Devine, who played a few games for us in the 80's. The two of them played together for a little bit at Hereford.

Thanks, @Ghost of Clough. I kept hearing Stevie Ryan which I didn’t think was right. Turns out it wasn’t right. Steve Devine. Cheers.

On 12/09/2020 at 12:16, Ghost of Clough said:

First league game of the season for the U23s kicks off in just under an hour. 

Struggling to figure out the formation ?

Is Jahmal Hector-Ingram injured or has Jack Stretton moved above him in the pecking order at the moment?

Edited by Stuniverse
added ‘moved’