Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

Cybulski must be about 6'5", he looks massive... and strangely looks like exactly the kind of 'different kind of striker' Cocu keeps on about trying to get in. Give the lad a run out. He's got to be able to offer more than Marriott did against Blackburn (actually had to check the team sheet to remind myself that he played!). If you're good enough, you're old enough.

19 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Cybulski must be about 6'5", he looks massive... and strangely looks like exactly the kind of 'different kind of striker' Cocu keeps on about trying to get in. Give the lad a run out. He's got to be able to offer more than Marriott did against Blackburn (actually had to check the team sheet to remind myself that he played!). If you're good enough, you're old enough.

He's tall but is he powerful? Looks spindly to me. We need power and hold up ability not just height. Interesting player though. 

On 27/09/2020 at 17:30, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Have to be careful about the lads who are so much bigger playing in these age based groups. It can be deceptive and make them look better than they are. 

Not saying that's necessarily the case here, but also, let's not get carried away. His physical dominance will not be the same in men's football.