Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there any confirmation to the reason that Shonibare didn't play last night? I know a few people mentioned he must have a loan set up, but maybe he has an outside chance of making the first team squad this weekend. His performances have been great so far in the U23's and with Ibe and Lawrence not ready to play yet, maybe Cocu thinks he could offer something this weekend.

Just for information, I work occasionally in Nigeria (not this year obviously) and have come to realise that all the Nigerians I know are football mad. They know so much about English football, and all leagues as well. They particularly follow teams with players of Nigerian descent and the Rams are now firmly in their sights. They are following the Academy players Shonibare, Ebosele and Aghatise. And now we’ve got Ibe we are a favourite team (though not yet up there with Chelsea and Arsenal which are the two main teams followed there)

Hopefully I will go to Abuja next year and I’ll take some scarves and shirts with me. 

9 minutes ago, roboto said:

Strong looking team for tonight. Hutchinson straight into the team too.

No Shonibare. Loan agreed or First team contention?

spacer.png

No Idem, who presumably joins up with the first team squad as 3rd choice keeper, now that Ravas is our on loan. 
Im surprised to see Hutchinson thrown straight into the starting lineup (and at RW). I expected him to be eased into the team, and come in at AM in place of Ibrahim. 
Im disappointed we aren’t giving Cashin a go at LCB as I still rate him higher than our other options there.

Foster
Ebosele   Solomon   Wassall   Archie
JBrown   Bateman
Hutchinson   Ibrahim   Wilson
Stretton

On 02/10/2020 at 19:53, ramit said:

A lot of rusty feet on the pitch, but my goodness what an energizer bunny Ebosele is.  He will be in the main squad before too long, i should imagine.

Quality is attracting quality. Derby County Academy is your best chance of breaking into the  first team. Amazing players on the way through. Buchanan really surprised me today. Maturing fast.

It's quite amazing really hope good the finishing looks in training.... And we seem to train all the things that we haven't been doing too much of in the first team.... Quick passing, forward play, breaking the lines, first time shooting....

Hopefully these messages to the players get through ? great work from the club and cocu and staff to do something like this 

Archived