Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

23 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

I’m surprised Eiran Cashin hasn’t featured yet this season - he’s not even been on the bench for the U23s.

Does anybody know if he’s injured, or is he just stuck behind Solomon, Wassall and Minkley in the pecking order?

I've been questionijg that myself, but we should hopefully find out in the next U23 game as Wassall is now suspended. 

As Minkley and Solomon are right sided CBs, I'd expect Cashin to get this opportunity on the left.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I've been questionijg that myself, but we should hopefully find out in the next U23 game as Wassall is now suspended. 

As Minkley and Solomon are right sided CBs, I'd expect Cashin to get this opportunity on the left.

That’s a very good point, @Ghost of Clough. The next U23 game is Friday, kicking off at 13.00.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It will also be interesting to see if any of the injured trio - Ebosele, Wilson and Borkovic - are fit enough to play this weekend.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

From the official site:

"Jordon Ibe and Krystian Bielik are due to play for Derby’s Under-23s on Friday in their Premier League 2 – Division 1 fixture against Southampton to get match minutes under their belts"

Duncan and CKR upfront tonight then??

7 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

It will also be interesting to see if any of the injured trio - Ebosele, Wilson and Borkovic - are fit enough to play this weekend.

Based on how Ebosele and Wilson looked, I think they'll be out for a while ?

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

From the official site:

"Jordon Ibe and Krystian Bielik are due to play for Derby’s Under-23s on Friday in their Premier League 2 – Division 1 fixture against Southampton to get match minutes under their belts"

Ibe in for Wilson, Bielik in for Wassall then

18 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I’m surprised Eiran Cashin hasn’t featured yet this season

Not sure about why he's not featured yet, but apparently he was only given a 6 month contract at the start of the season, so possibly we don't rate him highly? Also heard Jaden Charles was only offered a 6 month contract hence why he left.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Not sure about why he's not featured yet, but apparently he was only given a 6 month contract at the start of the season, so possibly we don't rate him highly? Also heard Jaden Charles was only offered a 6 month contract hence why he left.

I'm incredibly surprised if true. I rate him as the best defender we've got at U23 level

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are 6 month deals the norm at U23 level then?

Not that I'm aware, normally 1-2 year deals I think? Cashin and Charles were both offered 6 month deals, Charles turned it down and is now at Forest/had trials at Forest. Cashin accepted the offer.