Academy Thread 20/21

Ghost of Clough

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/11/academy-review-show-november-2

I've only just got round to watching this episode.

Stretton come across very well. He's obviously a confident player but he also seems confident in front of the camera. Buchanan, Whittaker, and to a lesser degree Sibley and Bird have a shyness to them when being interviewed. Stretton talks as if he's having a chat with his mates.

It's good to hear Brad Foster has been training with the first team. I'd love to see him get a chance in the cup this season.

Joe McClaren speaks well and you can see why he's got the role he has despite the recruitment history at first team level. His contacts list will be growing all the time so I can only see things getting better and better. It's already very good at U23 level and below. He also inditifies the value in scouting at youth level, not just for youth level recruitment, but also the loaning of players years down the line.

28 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Derby's line-up was:

Sykes-Kenworthy - 3rd choice U23 keeper (Idem, Foster)

Bardell, - 3rd choice RB (Ebosele, McDonald)

Wassall,

Minkley,

Williams - 1st year scholar, usually plays winger/AM

Dixon, - Behind Watson

Thompson, - Behind JBrown

Hutchinson

Shonibare,

Cresswell, - 3rd, maybe even 4th choice CF (Trialist, Stretton, maybe Duncan)

Wilson - First game back from injury

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Did you read that post on Twitter that says he moving over to Manchester United Academy at the end of the season?  Sad if true.

He's Kellan's little brother, isn't he? 

Noooo! Yep little bro.

I suppose we can't necessarily compete with Premiership Academys.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Did you read that post on Twitter that says he moving over to Manchester United Academy at the end of the season?  Sad if true.

He's Kellan's little brother, isn't he? 

Surely not! He'll be in our first team within 2 years if he stays.

I've been more impressed with Gordon than I was with Delap at the same age, so as you say, i'll be sad to see him leave.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely not! He'll be in our first team within 2 years if he stays.

I've been more impressed with Gordon than I was with Delap at the same age, so as you say, i'll be sad to see him leave.

What are the rules on other academies "poaching" our most promising talent. We are also the highest category academy aren't we? Can we refuse or if the prospect wants to go we cannot do anything to prevent (i.e. Delap?)