Cocu the Future ?

Ramfan1958

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Lawrence came out and admitted that since his mums death he’d become reliant on alcohol. That was a big step and I’m sure the club got him the very best help available. I think you’d struggle to find a more consistent performer in the front 4 than him since the earlier incident in the season. I also think he reacted how 90% of people would to being hit/head butted twice by someone else... 

I think if he stays next year is make or break for him. 

Must be the last year of his contract and he must be on a fair whack judging how long it took to get him here. I'd be very surprised to see him here in a month if interest is shown.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Everyone's got Dutch mates haven't they when they want to justify their reasoning for not wanting Cocu!

What's the problem with saying that I have lots of Dutch friends who support PSV .

Whats the point of the forum If you don't want fans to voice their opinions? 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Must be the last year of his contract and he must be on a fair whack judging how long it took to get him here. I'd be very surprised to see him here in a month if interest is shown.

I believe he’s got two years left but I can’t realistically see anyone buying him.

Only a Prem team would pay what we’d want for him and I can’t see any Prem teams coming in for him!

Champ clubs won’t have the money.

26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I believe he’s got two years left but I can’t realistically see anyone buying him.

Only a Prem team would pay what we’d want for him and I can’t see any Prem teams coming in for him!

Champ clubs won’t have the money.

A five year deal on large wages. Put a lot of faith in him without a deal of return. I think if we get 3-4 million we would take it. Sometimes relegated clubs with cash tend to buy players to weaken possible opposition or boost numbers in case of injury. 

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A five year deal on large wages. Put a lot of faith in him without a deal of return. I think if we get 3-4 million we would take it. Sometimes relegated clubs with cash tend to buy players to weaken possible opposition or boost numbers in case of injury. 

I still doubt it’d happen, there’s potentially 3 relegated clubs that may have the funds to take him and most of the others are going to be skint.

Not sure he’s going to be moving on this window unless we take a massive hit on his original fee.

Just now, Ramarena said:

I still doubt it’d happen, there’s potentially 3 relegated clubs that may have the funds to take him and most of the others are going to be skint.

Not sure he’s going to be moving on this window unless we take a massive hit on his original fee.

Villa won't be one of those teams and they normally want everyone so that takes away that option.  They will lose tonight but unless they fall apart they should beat west ham and stay up on goals.  Watford will get what you would expect sacking there manager with two games to go and Arsenal to finish.  Expect to see Hughes back here playing next season now, perhaps we can swap.

It’s nice that we have finished stronger in the second half of the season. It shows that Cocu over time has helped improved our results. Obviously ignoring the poor run right at the end, the fact we were even in the race shows improvement compared to our poor first half (38 points second half compared to 26 first half). There is every indication he is the right man for the the future, he has dealt with a lot and has not had enough opportunity yet to bring his own players in. 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

When you watch that, we've actually played some decent stuff under Cocu

Wait till hes had another year got more of his ideas across his own players we will be up there and some of the football on that clip is mouthwatering. Youngsters coming through are going to be worth millions bird sibley knight 20 mill each. The start of something and its exciting time to be a Derby fan. After what cocu has had to deal with this season most managers would have walked. Long term vision and I believe the season after this one we will be top 2 dont think it will be this season but about time we had a long term manager and a long term strategy. 

On 19/07/2020 at 17:10, Ramfan1958 said:

Is Cocu the Future in my opinion it's a no .

Is Rooney the Future as a player again it's a no.

I think this is the worst Derby team for many a year. 

Really worried if we play 50% academy players next year that we could be relegated. 

Just being  honest !!!

If you are serious then this is definitely someting beginning with r and ending in ubbish!

It may be the best policy but some opinions are best left unexpressed!

Our academy IS our future..... in my humble opinion anyway!

Archived