Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

I’m incensed and absolutely livid about this. What is it that they are hoping to achieve?

It can only be to either ‘save face’,  screw one of their members (us) over in this transfer window or just irritate and wind Mel up.

They really are the most amateurish, useless and flaccid piss worms running any sporting organisation in Britain. 

??s.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Van Rammeister said:

I’m incensed and absolutely livid about this. What is it that they are hoping to achieve?

It can only be to either ‘save face’,  screw one of their members (us) over in this transfer window or just irritate and wind Mel up.

They really are the most amateurish, useless and flaccid piss worms running any sporting organisation in Britain. 

??s.

Save face. That's it. 

No reasonable organisation would have appealed that decision, especially given the absolute lambasting the EFL took during the hearing. But sadly for English football in general, the EFL is not a reasonable organisation. After the Birmingham debacle, I think we all new this was going to happen. The EFL is a vindictive bunch of cronies out not to protect the football clubs it’s supposed to safeguard, but instead to protect its own reputation and destroy anyone who dares to challenge their incompetence. If they truly represented the best wishes of football clubs, they’d have been pleased to not have to dock us points... but no, the only thing they care about is getting us relegated, one way or another. Despise having this lot in charge of the football league.

Just hope to God this doesn’t put us back under soft embargo. That would really duck our transfer plans up.

Unbelievable!

So the EFL:

1. sign it off for multiple years without questioning the wording in the accounts, which although said not to be clear enough about the actual process used, mentioned 'residual values' which they will (or should if actually competent) have seen at the time
  2. when they did question it they made no attempt to actually understand what it meant (despite an in person meeting with the club where it was explained, at length) until the original hearing
  3. claim it is against FRS 102 and charge us
  4. discover from the original hearing that it is NOT against FRS 102 and so their entire second charge falls down and
  5. now they decide to appeal it.

What on earth is wrong with them?!

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we win again, which I think we will I hope Mel goes after them for this. 

I think he was willing to let it go hut this will piss him off. Go at them for damages and win that as well. 

Mel has spoken to over 100 groups and individuals interested in investing in our club. I'm sure he could approach them for assistance regarding a 'Premier League 2'. 

Really surprised by this to be honest. My understanding is neither side can present new information, merely debate how the panel reached their decision based on what was provided.

The timing of this seems odd. Why wait until the 11th hour? It almost seems like they’ve noticed we’ve got a big windfall coming in from sales so want to delay our ability to spend. Just 30 minutes after we announced the sales of Bogle and Lowe ?

The amortisation decision was broken down to 5 parts, with the EFL withdrawing the 1st part. The other parts being:
2. Straight line method
3. The anticipation of receiving a future fee for a player (ERVs)
4. Reliability of ERVs. 
5. Disclosure of changes in policy. 

As we all know, we were found to be in the wrong for part 5 - the disclosure in the accounts were “incomplete and inaccurate”. Surely the basis of the EFLs appears can’t be just this? Does this warrant a penalty?

I’m struggling to see where the EFL have picked fault with parts 2, 3 and 4, with them being dismissed as meeting FRS 102. I can’t see many clubs being happy with the EFL wasting even more money on a pointless case. 

Horrendous organisation

We are in a time where for football clubs every penny counts, loads are relying on the goodwill of fans to buy season tickets to keep them in business, so what do the EFL decide to do? Waste a bit more of everyone’s time and money to fight a charge which appears not to be against league rules and definitely not against any accounting standards.

Truly is a disgrace

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we win again, which I think we will I hope Mel goes after them for this. 

I think he was willing to let it go but this will piss him off. Go at them for damages and win that as well. 

Mel really should take the gloves off now, this is nothing but a) trying to save face on a technicality and b) bordering on unsubstantiated vindictive action to clearly as Mel in so many words go after us because they don’t like us or him.

Should we win the appeal, time our lawyers got nasty.

We should absolutely look to put this horrible organisation in the ground. I don’t know how much fight Mel has in him now, but I want to see the EFL finished. What a horrible, rancid governing body to try and enjoy football. 

I honestly have a very small list of things that I hold in as much contempt as the Football League. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Mel has spoken to over 100 groups and individuals interested in investing in our club. I'm sure he could approach them for assistance regarding a 'Premier League 2'. 

Pretty sure I've seen somewhere that the Premier League are not interested in a second league, understandable really as it's governed by the bigger clubs that wouldn't want to share the revenue across another league

Archived