Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty sure I've seen somewhere that the Premier League are not interested in a second league, understandable really as it's governed by the bigger clubs that wouldn't want to share the revenue across another league

I think the idea is another independent league where TV revenues are distributed across just the 24 teams in it and not an extra 48 League 1 & 2 that don’t appear

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Any fans of other clubs browsing, thanks in advance for covering another set of legal fees. Much appreciated!

Not right though is it, why should the EFL's legal expenses come out of the pot that pays the clubs, many of which are innocent bystanders in all of this. I'm sure it won't impact those that make these decisions wages/bonuses, it's just a farce.

Why even use an independent tribunal if you're just going to appeal the outcome anyway, I feel for the clubs having to pay out to cover the incompetence of the EFL.

Quicker we can get out of their jurisdiction the better. 

Just now, David said:

Not right though is it, why should the EFL's legal expenses come out of the pot that pays the clubs, many of which are innocent bystanders in all of this. I'm sure it won't impact those that make these decisions wages/bonuses, it's just a farce.

Why even use an independent tribunal if you're just going to appeal the outcome anyway, I feel for the clubs having to pay out to cover the incompetence of the EFL.

To be honest it was always on the cards that they would appeal. 

3 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

I think the idea is another independent league where TV revenues are distributed across just the 24 teams in it and not an extra 48 League 1 & 2 that don’t appear

That would kill League 1 & 2 though, would Sky be remotely interested in paying for those games? It's Derby, Sheff Wed, Forest etc. that bring the interest in and why we get the deal (albeit poor deal) we do. 

I fear for football outside the PL the longer we are governed by this lot.

To think it's Mel that has been the guy pushing for a fairer deal not just for us but the Football League whilst the rest sit in fear of upsetting the establishment is mad.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Very true, but waiting until the 11th hour & just after we’ve sold two players reeks of pettiness and vindictiveness. 

The EFL are going to be all over us for anything now we’ve had their pants down from the first hearing. Anything that could even be interpreted as a potential infringement on the rules & they will be looking to apply maximum punishment to the club.

Bankers

5 minutes ago, David said:

What I don't understand is how the independent panel can come to the conclusion they did and then change their mind?

Of all the pig-headed brainless morons in the world, the EFL must be at the top of the pile.  

They get laughed out of the tribunal, their experts were incompetent,  they could have sought clarification from the club but didnt bother and obviously didnt like it when our alleged breaches of FRS102 turned out not to be breaches of FRS102, and now our wording of the amortisation policy which still abided by EFL rules is the only thing they can complain about.  As far as I understand, they cant present new evidence, so it seems more a case of "We (and Steve Gibson, though if anyone asks he's not involved) don't like your decision, so please please change it for us"

I hope that their appeal gets chucked out and then after this vexatious appeal, Mel goes after the EFL, Steve Gibson, Matt Hughes of the Daily Mai and anyone else who's dragged the club's (and Mel's) name and reputation through the mud.  If this brings about the end of the EFL, even better.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Agree entirely. But there are also plenty of other fans from rival clubs that are rubbing their hands together over this. I just hope they realise that they will end up paying for it. Again. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It was, I made many a post which predicted this, no matter who lost an appeal would take place, it's just a shame that the EFL cannot accept they have got this one wrong, drawn a line under it and got all clubs together for a head to head meeting where they could hash out some rules that would suit all clubs.

This isn't the end, the fallout from Covid will see a number of issues taken up by the EFL, this is only the start

Not surprised really, based on previous we expect them to waste money appealing until they can hear what they want and the club they've got it in for gets a slap on the wrist.

The only thing they must think they can get us for is that we've not been consistent with how we've implemented the amortisation policy but I imagine that'd be difficult to prove.

I doubt they'd be able to put us under embargo because of this, we've been found innocent and they'd need to prove guilt before we can be punished. However it wouldn't surprise me if we had been / still are operating under a soft embargo. I think the previous report mentioned you can be put under a soft embargo for not filing accounts or for being close to the limit with p&s both of which we were. We also didn't make any signings until players had left which I think supports my theory.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

What I don't understand is how the independent panel can come to the conclusion they did and then change their mind?

Have they? The Disciplinary Panel basically found there was no case to answer and dismissed the charges. I think that now the EFL have launched an appeal, it goes forward to an Independant Panel for adjudication.  The make up of that panel will be extremely interesting.

It feels like all or nothing for the EFL, a last throw of the dice.

Archived