Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long until EFL can no longer appeal decision (should they want to)?

Maybe they already have but it's not been announced.

I imagine it depends on whether the clubs are more annoyed with the EFL (for not having a watertight case) or with Derby (for what they see as unfair accounting).

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I imagine it depends on whether the clubs are more annoyed with the EFL (for not having a watertight case) or with Derby (for what they see as unfair accounting).

Thought they only had 14 (or so) days?

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Be surprised if they didn’t announce that they were appealing.  They announced the tribunal decision the day after.  Not sure there is a need to announce no appeal

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought they only had 14 (or so) days?

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Be surprised if they didn’t announce that they were appealing.  They announced the tribunal decision the day after.  Not sure there is a need to announce no appeal

Maybe no requirement to announce it but I am sure the club would like it be known. Kinda further vindicates its position.

18 minutes ago, Donny Ram said:

Can’t see an appeal being lodged given the bill each club has already been advised they will have to pay. Both sides had 14 days to appeal the decision. 

I wonder how it works if the majority don’t want to appeal is that it or can the efl make the decision without getting approval?

Though it's looking unlikely that the EFL are going to appeal, I think that until Wednesday morning (when the 14 days are definitely over) I'll hold off celebrating.  I wouldnt put it past the EFL to wait until as close to the deadline as possible before they announce that they're appealing.  

On a side note, there's an interview with the ex-chief executive of West Brom on the BBC sport website   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54046448 which makes interesting reading. 

Some of what he says seems (IMHO) to back up some of Mel Morris's alleged position (specifically the comments about the media deal).  Could an Premier League 2 be on its way after all? 

17 minutes ago, SFD1968 said:

Though it's looking unlikely that the EFL are going to appeal, I think that until Wednesday morning (when the 14 days are definitely over) I'll hold off celebrating.  I wouldnt put it past the EFL to wait until as close to the deadline as possible before they announce that they're appealing.  

On a side note, there's an interview with the ex-chief executive of West Brom on the BBC sport website   https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54046448 which makes interesting reading. 

Some of what he says seems (IMHO) to back up some of Mel Morris's alleged position (specifically the comments about the media deal).  Could an Premier League 2 be on its way after all? 

Free to celebrate they wont appeal.

18 minutes ago, SFD1968 said:

It probably comes down to how many Prem clubs are worried about getting relegated and then struggling to get back up

The EFL Board has determined that the League will appeal against the outcome of an independent Disciplinary Commission in respect of misconduct charges brought against Derby County.

The appeal is specific to the second charge only, which considered the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of intangible assets.

There will be no further comment at this time.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/september/efl-statement-Derby-county/

?

The appeal is specific to the second charge only, which considered the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of intangible assets.

There will be no further comment at this time.

Well I guess we got told off for that one already. I imagine they're hoping to fine us enough to pay their lawyers bill! #bar stewards

Archived