Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

Final nail in the coffin for the EFL. 

As long as we aren’t put under another soft embargo there is no point worrying because they have no reasonable grounds for appeal.

It’s just a shame we aren’t able to sue the EFL without it being at the expense of it’s member clubs.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just a quick reminder a soft embargo is one out, one in. We've just had two go out.

A Championship club "which fails to fulfil the fair play requirement in accordance with [the] rules shall be subject to a registration embargo," the EFL says.

One of the key rules places a restriction on the wages that can be paid to an incoming player, which last year were £600,000 per year.

Alternatively, under the one-in-one-out system of a soft embargo, the player coming in may only have wages that are 75 per cent of the annual equivalent cost of the a player going out ("calculated as an average over the term of the remaining period of both players’ contracts," the EFL says).

They should be renamed Steve Gibson's EFL.

Rick Parry: "Steve we lost, sorry." 

Steve Gibson: "Not good enough. Appeal"

Rick Parry: "But Steve, we'll lose, technically they didn't do anything against the rules."

Steve Gibson: "Don't care. If you don't appeal I'll give the Sun the Rick Parry Russian pee tape."

Rick Parry: "Ok, Steve, Gotcha, we'll appeal."

2 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Final nail in the coffin for the EFL. 

As long as we aren’t put under another soft embargo there is no point worrying because they have no reasonable grounds for appeal.

It’s just a shame we aren’t able to sue the EFL without it being at the expense of it’s member clubs.

We sort of could - sue, get the money and redistribute via ‘advertising’ at clubs of our choice. All the ‘Gibson’s’ involved would then end up paying. 

duck them. I was happy enough to just take the win and leave it there, but if they're going to dig their heels in and appeal, then let's beat them again and sue the duckers.

I loved the statement we put out after the verdict, but I hope we amplify that statement x10 when we beat them again. Make it public knowledge, in simple English, how utterly incompetent this poo-show of an organisation is.

I should hope we don't have an embargo for an appeal on a decision where we were found not guilty. It would be like somebody being found not guilty for an offence, but having to go into prison whilst we find out the result of the prosecution's appeal.

Get the players in quick, let the EFL lose again, and embarrass them in front of the footballing world. Sounds like a fair outcome to me.

33 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So based on my understanding of the report released by the independant board was that they DID determine that our policy was not explained clearly enough.

They also said that after it was explained with further clarity during the process of the hearing, both the independent board and the EFL (unless I misinterpreted) accepted it (the policy concept) didn't breach the rules.

However - the lack of clarity in itself was a breach of a rule - so the EFL might simply be seeking some actual punishment for that lack of clarity; as the independent board merely acknowledged it broke a ruling on clarity but didn't punish us for it. 

That would be my guess; anyway.

Did the panel not criticise the EFL for not seeking clarification before charging us?

If we had committed a breach that was a deliberate act in order to overstate the financial performance the surely it would be the SFO or HMRC investigating.  

11 minutes ago, David said:

Pretty sure I've seen somewhere that the Premier League are not interested in a second league, understandable really as it's governed by the bigger clubs that wouldn't want to share the revenue across another league

I think the idea is another independent league where TV revenues are distributed across just the 24 teams in it and not an extra 48 League 1 & 2 that don’t appear

Archived