Test Cricket is Back

sage

We've had a problem at no.3 since Trott retired, we've just had a 22 year old score 267 at no.3 in just his 8th test and the first thing people do is talk about whether he should open!

Leave him where he is!

If Burns, and/or Sibley don't do the business then find new openers, but please leave Crawley where he is.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

We've had a problem at no.3 since Trott retired, we've just had a 22 year old score 267 at no.3 in just his 8th test and the first thing people do is talk about whether he should open!

Leave him where he is!

If Burns, and/or Sibley don't do the business then find new openers, but please leave Crawley where he is.

People on the BBC commentary feed were having a go at Buttler for not scoring quickly enough yesterday as he neared 150 runs. Mental. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

People on the BBC commentary feed were having a go at Buttler for not scoring quickly enough yesterday as he neared 150 runs. Mental. 

I think a lot of folk have a rather limited understanding of test cricket. I've seen some stuff posted calling both Zak and Jos' innings 'attritional' and 'dull' but I'd wager the same people would be moaning if Jos had crashed 35 runs off 25 balls and then got himself out playing a shot he needn't have. 

Slight tangent, but I've also read posts criticising Root for not declaring earlier. While I'm not a massive fan of his captaincy, I'd have thought securing a series inside two days of the final test seems a decent option if it's there for the taking. Some people just can't get through the day without a good old whinge, can they? 

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think Root has made a statement about his bowling attack by his declaration. Basically saying that they’re good enough to enforce a follow on and take 20wkts. A real endurance test coming up. 

It might have been more along the lines that, given the weather forecast for the rest of the test, there won't be time for 4 innings, so a follow on is the only way to get a win.

Also, putting on nigh-on 600 runs, you make it all but impossible for the other side to win.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I think a lot of folk have a rather limited understanding of test cricket. I've seen some stuff posted calling both Zak and Jos' innings 'attritional' and 'dull' but I'd wager the same people would be moaning if Jos had crashed 35 runs off 25 balls and then got himself out playing a shot he needn't have. 

Slight tangent, but I've also read posts criticising Root for not declaring earlier. While I'm not a massive fan of his captaincy, I'd have thought securing a series inside two days of the final test seems a decent option if it's there for the taking. Some people just can't get through the day without a good old whinge, can they? 

I’d like these people to please not bother watching proper cricket, and stick to the pyjama stuff.

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

No some people can’t! ?

Lots of one day stuff now.

India away in the New Year must be in doubt.

Two good series this summer. Respect to the West Indies and Pakistan.

We’re still a way off a team ready for the Ashes, but the emergence of Sibley, Crawley and Pope is cause for hope.

Still an over-reliance on Broad and Anderson in the bowling department.