Test Cricket is Back

sage

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Not test cricket but can anyone tell me how Tom Curran gets picked repeatedly by England? 

Good 'death bowler' seems to mean bowls three overs for thirty-odd  then pulls it back by only going for eight in the fourth. 

Many years ago, Australia picked spinner Peter Taylor and it is widely thought that the selectors had intended to pick opener Mark Taylor.

What we have here is the wrong Curran.

18 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I think the series is drawn now. There was 1 match rained off. 

Aussies up next at the end of the week. 

Of course you're right, doh! Swear my brain is still in lockdown ?

As @Anag Ramsays, a fair result on balance. Pakistan were really good today and even though we looked like we might steal it at one point, I think they were more than good value for the win. Have to say that the tests and the T20's have been played in really good spirit too which has always been the case in recent years. hard cricket without the daftness. It's been good stuff.

On 30/08/2020 at 15:35, Anag Ram said:

Not test cricket but can anyone tell me how Tom Curran gets picked repeatedly by England? 

Good 'death bowler' seems to mean bowls three overs for thirty-odd  then pulls it back by only going for eight in the fourth. 

Did him alright tonight!

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I watched England’s innings and the first 5 from the Aussies.  Then went to the pub, I checked the score and thought they were going well enough to cruise it.  I did a double take when the notification from sky sports dinged up!

strewth!

They cruised it for 14 overs, then failed to get 39 off 36 balls with 9 wickets left ?

They lost 5 for 24 in the next 5 overs ?

35 minutes ago, Carnero said:

They cruised it for 14 overs, then failed to get 39 off 36 balls with 9 wickets left ?

They lost 5 for 24 in the next 5 overs ?

It was beautiful. Especially Nasser sticking it to Warne in the commentary box. “The wheels have come”, “the collapse continues”, “swinging like a open door”. Glorious ?