Test Cricket is Back

sage

11 minutes ago, archram said:

I thought it was brilliant captaincy by Morgan.

I’ll have to bow down to you and @Curtains on this one. Looked like we couldn’t get a test-level run rate going when batting, then, I watched about 16 overs of the Australia chase, and we looked untroubling as a bowling attack, lacking variety and guile. Then went for Lamb Kleftiko, and forgot about cricket. 

Ultimately, Morgan is indisputably England’s Greatest limited overs captain. Others could’ve been, but never had the conviction to stand up and take down the stuffy, conservative, self-serving establishment that is now thankfully crumbling. 

Really enjoyed that game. Woakes and Curran excellent and Archer beginning to look back to his rip-snorting, hostile best. He must be an absolute nightmare to face when he's on it. He's got a proper nasty streak in him and you can just tell that Warner and one or two others aren't really fancying the job, not that I in any way blame them.

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Surprised he gave the last over to Rashid. I was expecting Wood to power in. 

He's an attacking captain. 

Probably thought wickets would win the game and none of the pace bowlers looked likely. 

Rashid over pitched by about a foot and that made the difference between a six and a catch. 

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, rynny said:

Classy from the Aussies ? 

Not great but also not unusual.

Does make me even more excited about the Ashes though!

My big concern is whether our talented younger batsmen can stand up not only to the hostile bowling but also to this type of intimidation?