Test Cricket is Back

sage

England’s morning undone by one poor shot.

Burns and Sibley so comfortable until Burns tries a reverse sweep against the bounce of Ashwin and suddenly one wicket becomes two as Lawrence goes for a duck.

400 an absolute minimum on this pitch.

Let’s hope Root and Sibley are still there at tea.

A very very fine 200 brought up with a 6 for Root. Played the spinners incredibly well. So elegant. 

India have used up all their reviews and are turning to a part-timer just before tea. Feasible England could make 650 in this innings.

Hopefully the pitch starts to turn tomorrow otherwise a draw looks the most likely result.

7 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Woke up 2 minutes after Ben Stokes was dismissed. Bit disappointing but Root looks imperious. Some super running just before tea as well. So nice to have test cricket available to watch. 

Similar. Working lates this week so I’m up with stinging eyes. Working this evening too so it’s a bit weird sat watching cricket. I’ll get the game later too but watching our run machine is worth the sacrifice of some zzzs! 
What a run machine Joe is. Need to see India bat to get an idea of the pitch. Fine show so far! 

Poor old Leach. How he ended the day without a single wicket is beyond me. Finely poised now. An early wicket tomorrow and we're into their tail. Draw still looks by far the most likely result but the strip is becoming increasingly unpredictable and stranger things have happened.