The History of DCFCfans

Philmycock

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

To be honest, given he was the first manager I really saw many games under, I didn’t really know there was anything more to football than getting spanked 3-0 at home by Ipswich every week at that point! Not until McClaren turned up anyway!

Slight correction here, under Clough we weren't that bad at home. We were terrible away, though, and particularly terrible away to Burnley, who we seemed to lose 3-0 to at Turf Moor about 5 times each season. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Slight correction here, under Clough we weren't that bad at home. We were terrible away, though, and particularly terrible away to Burnley, who we seemed to lose 3-0 to at Turf Moor about 5 times each season. 

Until his last season.

Big wins away at Yeovil and Millwall, although if I remember correctly Burnley dicked us at home, probably by that same scoreline.

I used to be MacDonald's Belly on the old DET site, which I joined during the 3 amigo's era - and I chose that name to insult whichever of the 3 hoodlums hd a bit of a "bonny" physique. 

When that died I moved over to the COYR site, and am still on there, but it is a shadow of its former self. T'was my son who told me about this place,so I duly jumped aboard in 2016, on the basis that it was loads more fun and much livelier than COYR.

The humour is terrific at times, and there is the benefit that people in high places at Pride Park read this forum (and maybe even join in?).

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum what it is, and to the moderators who try and keep it sane and legal! ????

However the emoji's are better on the COYR forum!

23 hours ago, David said:

... It did feel good that a lot chose to come here, but I wasn't prepared for what was to come at all, it's been a huge learning curve, not just trying to handle member situations but the technical side and legal.

What Are You Talking About Classic Film GIF by Warner Archive

18 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

...the mods here do a good job, apart from barely stopping the pun merchants in their tracks...

They'd need to train how to do that.  It's not easy for them to gauge whether it's a deliberate pun or not.   

5 hours ago, Kernow said:

Big thanks to the moderating team too. This place would be nothing without you ?

On the one hand, big thanks to the moderators who do grand a job on the whole....on the other, any excuse to bring this one out:

spacer.png

In fact, this whole host of characters may possibly applied on the forum:

https://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/the-14-types-of-people-you-see-on-internet-forums/

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

On the one hand, big thanks to the moderators who do grand a job on the whole....on the other, any excuse to bring this one out:

spacer.png

Its not big and its not clever to use private photo's of Boycie like that.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

spacer.png

https://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/the-14-types-of-people-you-see-on-internet-forums/

Weak, nerdy, never popular at school... with the power to ban ?

Who’s the real winner here?!

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

spacer.png

That's brilliant and so apt! That miner bloke who talks in that crap accent!! ? 

On 03/07/2020 at 05:21, David said:

It wasn't, I can't remember what they were using but we was running vBulletin. Think it was more down to just being at the top in Google which helped to be honest.

Pretty sure that's how I ended up here after DET shut. Also went on FootyMad for a while, but the place was absolutely barking mad. This place was run a lot better. 

I was on Ramslist before forums were a thing then wrote the code for the original rams.co.uk before CMS’ and off-the-shelf web software was a thing. Then came up with the idea for the original rams.co.uk forum. I nearly took over the forum when DET wanted out but wasn’t sure I could commit the time as others have to manage it properly. I can’t remember half the stuff that went on over the years. Basically I’m old. 

I was a refugee from DET. No real decision making process, just that this one popped up first on google.

i think it’s benefited from a bit of incredible foresight / luck:

- A google freindly name, that actually makes it sound like the official forum (which is probably why Derby county had an issue with the logo at one point, I miss the temporary replacement logo, it was cool). 

- choosing a platform that has evolved into clearly the best forum platform around (I know how this can definitely more luck than judgement, you just have to back a horse, but if you pick the wrong one, it’s an absolute nightmare to switch platforms). 

those twists of fate, along with @David’s hard work, and ability to jump on the opportunities that arose, all contributed. 

ps I miss Daveo, whatever happened to that guy?

happy gilmore luck GIF

Archived