The History of DCFCfans

Philmycock

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I was on Ramslist before forums were a thing then wrote the code for the original rams.co.uk before CMS’ and off-the-shelf web software was a thing. Then came up with the idea for the original rams.co.uk forum. I nearly took over the forum when DET wanted out but wasn’t sure I could commit the time as others have to manage it properly. I can’t remember half the stuff that went on over the years. Basically I’m old. 

Was Ramslist a bit like Craigslist but exclusively for the good folk of Derbyshire?

On 03/07/2020 at 19:16, reverendo de duivel said:

Until his last season.

Big wins away at Yeovil and Millwall, although if I remember correctly Burnley dicked us at home, probably by that same scoreline.

I remember on one of the old forums being upset we didn't have the ambition to try and sign Austin from Swindon at the time. Then he preceded to score a brace every time he came to PP with Burnley.

After about a year of lurking, my first post was on (I think) Ramarena. I posted that despite his lack of league experience, Derby should consider Nigel Clough as our manager - this was about 3 months before he was appointed. I was quite taken aback by how much abuse I got. I remember a poster called Mark La calling me a moron and saying the the club would never appoint him. The grief I got put me off posting for a while. I couldn't resist going back on to bump the thread though.

Then joined the old DET forum - which I really liked. When it closed down I joined COYR and about a year later started on here. 

One thing I do remember from here is @David once being at pains to point out that the cash that he made only just covered the cost of running the forum. He was a bit put out by suggestions that he made a money out of it. Hopefully he now makes living from this - his hard work over many years has, I think, improved the lives of Rams fans everywhere and should certainly be rewarded.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

One thing I do remember from here is @David once being at pains to point out that the cash that he made only just covered the cost of running the forum. He was a bit put out by suggestions that he made a money out of it. Hopefully he now makes living from this - his hard work over many years has, I think, improved the lives of Rams fans everywhere and should certainly be rewarded.

Make It Rain Money GIF

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

So the reports of a 2019 reg AMG E-class registered to the forum driving around the Humberside region with a large "don't use add blockers" sticker on the back window are entirely false? ?

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So the reports of a 2019 reg AMG E-class registered to the forum driving around the Humberside region with a large "don't use add blockers" sticker on the back window are entirely false? ?

I don't drive so that can't be mine, but sounds like a great car!

On 05/07/2020 at 10:37, TigerTedd said:

I was a refugee from DET. No real decision making process, just that this one popped up first on google.

i think it’s benefited from a bit of incredible foresight / luck:

- A google freindly name, that actually makes it sound like the official forum (which is probably why Derby county had an issue with the logo at one point, I miss the temporary replacement logo, it was cool). 

- choosing a platform that has evolved into clearly the best forum platform around (I know how this can definitely more luck than judgement, you just have to back a horse, but if you pick the wrong one, it’s an absolute nightmare to switch platforms). 

those twists of fate, along with @David’s hard work, and ability to jump on the opportunities that arose, all contributed. 

ps I miss Daveo, whatever happened to that guy?

happy gilmore luck GIF

I miss wondering how it was pronounced.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

It’s Archie the d is a tag on

In my head you're Archeed. 

Like you've just been tango'd. Archie Gemmill - you've just been Archied. 

The one I can't do now is @reverendo de duivel. If it's possible to mumble something in your head while reading then that's what I do with this. 

B4 is Before Evis. I don't see how the 6 can be involved. 

Before ev six is? ??

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

In my head you're Archeed. 

Like you've just been tango'd. Archie Gemmill - you've just been Archied. 

The one I can't do now is @reverendo de duivel. If it's possible to mumble something in your head while reading then that's what I do with this. 

B4 is Before Evis. I don't see how the 6 can be involved. 

Before ev six is? ??

B4 is Beavis, with a 46 in there (not sure who played wearing number 46 to warrant that honour).

Archived