• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back when the DET forum was open I got a little tired of the abuse of certain members, I found it unbearable to read and drifted over to the Nottingham Forest forum to have some banter with them as yo

You weren’t here for the Nigel Clough debates then? 😮

I've always assumed it was a password that he accidentally put in the username field and just decided to keep it?

Just now, Srg said:

Started after the Derby Evening Telegraph forum shuttered. There was a few popped up from the ashes, but this is the one that stuck over the others and grew with popularity. 

I was an OG from the DET forum. Believe my username was DCFC11 back then. 

Yeah I was on that, then over to sheepshagarmy for a bit, then here, i never bother with the other ones as they all seemed cliquey and ran by a few noisy gobby individuals 

1 minute ago, philmycocu said:

We all love this site, I personally spend a lot of my free time perusing this fine forum, not a prolific poster but very much proud to be part of it, would be great if @David could let us know how it all started and when, who, why etc etc...

Back when the DET forum was open I got a little tired of the abuse of certain members, I found it unbearable to read and drifted over to the Nottingham Forest forum to have some banter with them as your login worked across the entire network.

On there I bumped into Boycie, few weeks down the line they appointed a moderator who went on a personal mission to clear the site of Derby fans so we were bumped off despite getting on quite well with the members on there.

I came up with the idea of a 50/50 forum, we called it the Halfway House, most of the members came across including the moderator than banned us and away we went. Wasn't long before we realised they couldn't handle the banter and would only appear when Forest won...which wasn't very often at the time.

Decided to shut that down and open up dcfc fans, 29th January 2009.

On October 1st 2010 the DET closed their forum, plenty of rumours flying around about the reasons for it, but either way we was swamped with refugees looking for a new home. 

25 minutes ago, David said:

Back when the DET forum was open I got a little tired of the abuse of certain members, I found it unbearable to read and drifted over to the Nottingham Forest forum to have some banter with them as your login worked across the entire network.

On there I bumped into Boycie, few weeks down the line they appointed a moderator who went on a personal mission to clear the site of Derby fans so we were bumped off despite getting on quite well with the members on there.

I came up with the idea of a 50/50 forum, we called it the Halfway House, most of the members came across including the moderator than banned us and away we went. Wasn't long before we realised they couldn't handle the banter and would only appear when Forest won...which wasn't very often at the time.

On October 1st 2010 the DET closed their forum, plenty of rumours flying around about the reasons for it, but either way we was swamped with refugees looking for a new home. 

Go on, roll us your cap, our David. 

1 hour ago, David said:

This forum was in the same format as the DET Forum so I guess thats why most of us came here.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

This forum was in the same format as the DET Forum so I guess thats why most of us came here.

It wasn't, I can't remember what they were using but we was running vBulletin. Think it was more down to just being at the top in Google which helped to be honest.

15 minutes ago, David said:

It wasn't, I can't remember what they were using but we was running vBulletin. Think it was more down to just being at the top in Google which helped to be honest.

Really? I remember this being much the best format. Popside hurt my eyes. 

Just now, sage said:

Really? I remember this being much the best format. Popside hurt my eyes. 

Yeah, I don't think the company they used are still going today, the name escapes me now but it wasn't that popular.

I've never seen inside Popside to be honest, I've been over there but you have to sign up and login to see anything, not sure if that's still the case but never went that far to see what was going on behind closed doors. 

To be honest I don't really look to see what's going on outside of here anymore, been alerted to comments about this forum and myself elsewhere, I can't be bothered to get drawn into anything like that so leave it well alone. Got enough on my hands with this place as it is. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I don't think the company they used are still going today, the name escapes me now but it wasn't that popular.

I've never seen inside Popside to be honest, I've been over there but you have to sign up and login to see anything, not sure if that's still the case but never went that far to see what was going on behind closed doors. 

To be honest I don't really look to see what's going on outside of here anymore, been alerted to comments about this forum and myself elsewhere, I can't be bothered to get drawn into anything like that so leave it well alone. Got enough on my hands with this place as it is. 

Really? What sort of comments?

I looked on DerbyMad/DerbyCountyMad/Footboards or something like that to see where all the DET posters were going. It really seemed like all the most aggressive went to that footymad board or whatever it was called. Popside seemed pretty dead. Friendliest posters were already signing up here. 

Did you hate it @David? I remember scoping it out and most posts were you, Boycie, CumbrianRam (where is he? I like him), Dangerous, Trigger and maybe another couple. Looked like you were having a good peaceful time. 

Did you ever want all this? 

You do an incredible job by the way. You and the mods. I'm on a few different forums and none have the atmosphere like this. Even posters that don't get on seem to avoid the usual baiting and stalking that you got on DET and footymad