The History of DCFCfans

Philmycock

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I looked on DerbyMad/DerbyCountyMad/Footboards or something like that to see where all the DET posters were going. It really seemed like all the most aggressive went to that footymad board or whatever it was called. Popside seemed pretty dead. Friendliest posters were already signing up here. 

Did you hate it @David? I remember scoping it out and most posts were you, Boycie, CumbrianRam (where is he? I like him), Dangerous, Trigger and maybe another couple. Looked like you were having a good peaceful time. 

Did you ever want all this? 

You do an incredible job by the way. You and the mods. I'm on a few different forums and none have the atmosphere like this. Even posters that don't get on seem to avoid the usual baiting and stalking that you got on DET and footymad 

Are you flirting with me? If so it's working.

When I started this place I had no intention becoming the most popular Derby County forum or ever being noticed by the club, without going into my personal stuff all over again, at the time I just wanted somewhere to escape to, have a laugh with people over a common interest.

The night the DET got took down, I was a little taken a back that this place had become the chosen destination, If I'm honest I expected most to go over to the COYR board as they had more of the old DET regulars.

It did feel good that a lot chose to come here, but I wasn't prepared for what was to come at all, it's been a huge learning curve, not just trying to handle member situations but the technical side and legal.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had the DET not closed down, would we still be here 11 years later just a few of us nattering away by ourselves?

Never get too nostalgic though as it's been pretty incredible the journey this forum has taken me on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It was nothing before my arrival in 2016. Bet everyone used to agree with the managers team selections - imagine this place without the moaning ?

You weren’t here for the Nigel Clough debates then?

?

Through thick n' thin. Through the Clough debates, Insult Warnings, CodeZero and my personal favourite, the Sausage Filter (Oh how I miss the Sausage filter, much more amusing than the Bamford filter!). Breakfast Gate, Frogg's food pictures, Utch's abandoned furniture thread, B4's rallying calls for destruction. Wouldn't be anywhere else, even though I was prolific on 606, COYR and DET.

3 hours ago, David said:

Things like I'm attractive, clever, smart, I had a Girlfriend at the time and was very happy with her so didn't really need the extra attention 

Clever and smart are the same thing, handsome

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

You weren’t here for the Nigel Clough debates then?

?

To be honest, given he was the first manager I really saw many games under, I didn’t really know there was anything more to football than getting spanked 3-0 at home by Ipswich every week at that point! Not until McClaren turned up anyway!

With varying user names I have been on DET, Sheepshagarmy, Footymad, Ramarena and Popside.

dcfcfans is better than any of them. To start with it is easy to avoid off-topic nonsense. Also I have nothing against a good row, but when these happen daily or even hourly its tedious, the mods here do a good job, apart from barely stopping the pun merchants in their tracks.

Thanks are due to David and the team for their work in making visiting the site so enjoyable.

11 hours ago, admira said:

I missed the early DCFC Fans years as used to be on Footymad but got sick of the bitching. 

Much prefer it here. ?

Likewise, I was on footymad, it got absolutely dreadful about 5-6 ish years ago with personal agendas and was sooo cliquey. I much prefer it here 

9 hours ago, David said:

Are you flirting with me? If so it's working.

When I started this place I had no intention becoming the most popular Derby County forum or ever being noticed by the club, without going into my personal stuff all over again, at the time I just wanted somewhere to escape to, have a laugh with people over a common interest.

The night the DET got took down, I was a little taken a back that this place had become the chosen destination, If I'm honest I expected most to go over to the COYR board as they had more of the old DET regulars.

It did feel good that a lot chose to come here, but I wasn't prepared for what was to come at all, it's been a huge learning curve, not just trying to handle member situations but the technical side and legal.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had the DET not closed down, would we still be here 11 years later just a few of us nattering away by ourselves?

Never get too nostalgic though as it's been pretty incredible the journey this forum has taken me on.

To Grimsby? 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes agree @admira. I should have realised it from the title; do you remember Rattea? “Comedy Gold”. Etc

Yes, I still speak to him most weeks! He did love winding people up. If you said it was blue, he'd say it was red

13 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Through thick n' thin. Through the Clough debates, Insult Warnings, CodeZero and my personal favourite, the Sausage Filter (Oh how I miss the Sausage filter, much more amusing than the Bamford filter!). Breakfast Gate, Frogg's food pictures, Utch's abandoned furniture thread, B4's rallying calls for destruction. Wouldn't be anywhere else, even though I was prolific on 606, COYR and DET.

I used to frequent 606....didn't you use to alter your sign-on pretty regularly? Mostyn Powers, Mostynao etc etc....?

6 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Yes agree @admira. I should have realised it from the title; do you remember Rattea? “Comedy Gold”. Etc

Blast from the past! Was he the bloke who used to talk about orbs and shrews or something along those lines, or have I made that up? 

24 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Blast from the past! Was he the bloke who used to talk about orbs and shrews or something along those lines, or have I made that up? 

I don't recall orbs and shrews but I do remember debates with him about Will Hughes being "bang average" and worth a couple of hundred thousand at best. He was a sort of barrack-room barrister and you were never quite sure if he was really serious or just an extreme wind-up merchant. According to @Angry Ram, his online persona was quite different to his "real" self and was a regular geezer {which is Shandy Drinker's parlance for being a sound yeuth}. ?

33 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I don't recall orbs and shrews but I do remember debates with him about Will Hughes being "bang average" and worth a couple of hundred thousand at best. He was a sort of barrack-room barrister and you were never quite sure if he was really serious or just an extreme wind-up merchant. According to @Angry Ram, his online persona was quite different to his "real" self and was a regular geezer {which is Shandy Drinker's parlance for being a sound yeuth}. ?

Simon is a nice guy.. Not heard from him in ages.

Myself and Little Angry still laugh about Karaoki in Blackpool with him a few years ago.. We woz good.

Archived