v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

We play like we did 2nd half against a better team, we will get absolutely slaughtered. Imagine we did this kind of performance 2nd half against a premier league team(or top championship even). I'm having flashbacks of that season.....

(Didn't miss a game in person home or away!!)

Need to finish as we started in the first half, whether it's the same players or a change, some good motivation or coaching, we need to keep that level of play in the second half!!

Everyone is coming back from an extended break. It's going to take time to get truly up to speed again and give a 90 minute performance. Especially in a quick turnaround from the last match and with one eye on the biggest match of the season at the weekend.

Enjoy the win. Try and take each result as they come. E I E I E I O.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

We play like we did 2nd half against a better team, we will get absolutely slaughtered. Imagine we did this kind of performance 2nd half against a premier league team(or top championship even). I'm having flashbacks of that season.....

Need to finish as we started in the first half, whether it's the same players or a change, some good motivation or coaching, we need to keep that level of play in the second half!!

We were fairly comfortable in my opinion, no need to press against a team that pass the ball around the back aimlessly half of the time we kept a solid shape and defended well.

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

or forest win

No way. At the start of the day Bristol were in 12th place, 6 points off the playoffs with 7 to play. Given people were saying we had no chance when we were 5 off with 9 to play, they really must have no chance. 

We should be looking up, not behind us. Come on Bristol! 

9 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Bit harsh. 

We looked comfortable and happy with the flow of the game. If Preston had been a better side then maybe we would have played different. 

There was no need to do much different. Could have been more productive with what we had but the flow of the game felt good to me

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Taking Rooney off for Malone might be the sub with the biggest drop off of ability I've ever seen us make.

And perhaps the only time you'd pick Rooneys head of hair over the other

16 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Wow when was the last time we won five on the bounce?

2014 George Thorne era heading for wembley

20 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Wow when was the last time we won five on the bounce?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

2014 George Thorne era heading for wembley

2016/17 when we won 7 in a row under Mac2. 

The very epitome of a gritty 0-1 away win & exactly what I said in the playoff thread we werent capable of ?

To be fair Preston were very toothless but credit to us for a very solid textbook away display. Always had a measure of control & never felt we were in real danger.

The Evans experiment worked perfectly well & thought Knight put in a great shift on the left wing. My MOM though was Max Bird, so classy in possession, broke up/intercepted so much and his work at the end to take the ball off their right winger, advance & put Rooney in space near the corner flag was sublime.

Getting interesting isnt it!?! COYR!!

3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Sorry man

I'm in some stress here

That 6 minutes was absolutely killing me!

Come on you Rams!!!!

Quick de-stress moan totally excusable mate. When they put up the 6 mins of extra time I bottled it completely, rolled myself a calming cigarette and went for a power-stroll on the sun-deck. Only came down when the game ended. 

On your first post though, some of the stuff we played was sublime and whilst a better side might beat us, I think we can match anyone right now, especially if the ref stops teams trying to kick us off the pitch. None of the supposedly better sides will be looking at us and thinking, easy 3 points, of that I'm sure.

COYR

Archived